Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Singularity Engine Tweaks
Question 
[Image: inaoyx]
Courtesy of Gannets

That's a beautiful thing to watch. Just thought I'd give it another showcase.

I had a few suggested tweaks for the components that make up the singularity engine:

• Shorten the duration that shield generators stay powered on when the emitters are turned off. I'm not certain what that delay currently is but I waited several minutes and it still hadn't powered down.

• Make it so that as long as adjacent shield generators that are both powered by emitters will stay on and generate a shield until one of the shield generators is powered down.

I'm sure that people have criticisms and opinions of their own and they're always welcome!
I don't think any changes to make the singularity more likely to break out should be made.
The singularity seems too weak to explosions, i've seen it destroyed by the weak welding fuel one.
I'm pretty sure that you aren't meant to bounce off of the shield 3 times whenever you touch it, and 30 second stuns are no fun
(06-06-2017, 01:34 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: I'm pretty sure that you aren't meant to bounce off of the shield 3 times whenever you touch it, and 30 second stuns are no fun

thats a feature
Bring back the singularity bomb traitor item for the CE.
Maybe a slight boost to how much power it generates, due to how dangerous it is. Dunno how much it generates though.
Make using The King In Yellow on it do something fun
(06-06-2017, 03:19 PM)poland spring Wrote: Make using The King In Yellow on it do something fun

Singu in Yellow
In this thread we can see the native goons completely ignoring all suggestions made by the original poster.

wordjo Dance :downswords: pres butan to goneckbeard emot u say?

Fascinating!
(06-07-2017, 06:18 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: In this thread we can see the native goons completely ignoring all suggestions made by the original poster.

Fascinating!

For more fascinating examples of this behavior, see: the entire ideas subforum!
(06-07-2017, 06:18 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: In this thread we can see the native goons completely ignoring all suggestions made by the original poster.

Fascinating!

Well, I'm pretty sure the emitters have a large power capacity to stop powersinks or starting it with low power being an instant containment failure.
(06-07-2017, 07:40 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Well, I'm pretty sure the emitters have a large power capacity to stop powersinks or starting it with low power being an instant containment failure.

I don't think emitters need power going to them in order to operate: they just need to be bolted and welded to the floor.

I was referring to the shield generators (the pylons the emitters shoot) just in case we're not on the same page here.

Fascinating!

i think politeness goes a lot farther in getting a topic back on track than passive aggressiveness
^^^
I think frustrated is a better word.