Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sec Taser Buffs
Keep the standard bolt as is.
Replace the burst shot with an new bolt: Stun Blast

It travels the same speed as a standard shot, but will specifically target the tile you click and burst into a 3x3 area of effect blast that stuns everyone caught in it
Sounds like a taser grenade, but with less delay? maybe a thing for the riot launcher. Tasers are more precise
Logically, yes but I'm working from the idea that the less things one has to carry, the better. This let's an officer trade ammo capacity for a greater chance to hit a tricky target, while also being a crowd control option.

A 5x5 option for the riot launcher wouldn't be a bad idea, but I wanna focus on tasers here
Not to derail, but I was working on a big SunnyD effort post that encompasses a rejig on ranged weapons (i.e: Guns in general), which i'm not going to go into much because it's lengthy, other than it looks into possible fire patterns (i.e: AOE shots). The concept i've hairbrained seems very similar to yours:

Concerning the taser, my suggestion of the alt-mode would be what is known as a scattershot. A scattershot =/= buckshot (which the shotgun uses) but rather more like an erratic burstfire, similar to a SMG.

The scattershot for the taser kind of tackles the issue with the current burst fire, and that is that it fires a volley of 3 tasers front2back, which is a momumental waste of power for little gain.

The scattershot works very much the same; it fires 3 volleys. However instead of firing 3 volleys front2back, one of the volleys have a chance of straying to the immediate left or immediate right tile of the selected target. I'd do a little .gif to demonstrate, but i'm in work =I

This unpredictable fire is intentional, it's used for players that are constantly strafing and running rings around you, with a higher chance that one of the bursts would hit into them. It may need to be balanced for that energy output, 4 volleys instead of 3, with 2 scattering instead of 1, etc.

Another possiblity (which i'd prefer as a weapon attachment) is an enhanced barrel, which trades the alt-fire mode with a shot that fires at higher projectile speed at the cost of higher energy.

Tl;dr: Alt-mode fires a 3 volley burst that which has a guaranteed 1/3 chance of straying (known as scattershot), with a mod to alter it to change it into high projectile speed.