Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Handcuff nerf/buff
An idea I had to make yourself being cuffed not as useless:

Allow a cuffed player to perform regular actions while cuffed, but add a time delay of about 5 seconds on everything while they struggle with their restraints.

Wanna heal yourself? Spend 5 seconds picking up a patch, and another 5 applying it
Antag dropped their gun? 5 seconds to pick it up, another 5 to shoot

Moving will cancel the action, and you still need to resist to remove the cuffs themselves. 

In theory, you can now save yourself from certain situations you were helpless in before, but it's still better to find a quiet spot to remove them when you can. For example, spending 10 seconds to put on a mask in an airless room as opposed to hoping you won't passout spending the 45 seconds to take them off.
Security officers shouldn't have to worry, since they can just drag and shove the person to cancel their actions, and they'll have ample time to react.
I support this, as long as the state of being pulled/grabbed doesn't allow for actions.
Good idea
I support this completely.
Yes good
How will beepsky react to someone doing an illegal thing while already cuffed?
(06-05-2017, 01:27 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: How will beepsky react to someone doing an illegal thing while already cuffed?

temporarily getting really angry, clearly
I look forward to standing near the a n g e r y orb of justice with my shotgun and cuffs, listening to that smooth disco siren. Choice.
(06-05-2017, 01:27 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: How will beepsky react to someone doing an illegal thing while already cuffed?

Probably a stunning and an angry beep that they can't double cuff you
i look forward to strangling people while handcuffed
Shackles on your feet. Justice knows no bounds
(06-02-2017, 12:46 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: I support this, as long as the state of being pulled/grabbed doesn't allow for actions.

Add buckled to that and it could work
(06-06-2017, 12:37 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 12:46 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote: I support this, as long as the state of being pulled/grabbed doesn't allow for actions.

Add buckled to that and it could work

Both good additions
Another possible component to this: Certain objects letting you resist out of restraints faster

Picking up something sharp like a glass shard could reduce the time for zipcuffs or other things that can be cut
Something pointy like a screwdriver or scalpel could reduce the time for picking cuffs

Freedom implants could be replaced with lockpicks that you can hide on your person like derringers