Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spy_Theft gamemode feedbacks thread
(05-27-2017, 11:47 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Do they still get a list of the antags names with enough things stolen?

Yes. Target ID tracker should work too if the antagonist even has an ID.
(05-28-2017, 12:17 PM)MyBlueCorners Wrote:
(05-27-2017, 11:47 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Do they still get a list of the antags names with enough things stolen?

Yes. Target ID tracker should work too if the antagonist even has an ID.

Interesting! This could give rise to a new form of vigilante, antagonists who fight other antagonists with their traitor gear, working completely outside of the law and only because they feel like it. They could even take down the other antagonists to gain trust with the crew, then betray their asses when they wouldn't expect it.
Wait, does it reveal ALLLLL antagonists, like wizards (Who start with no IDs) and changelings (Who can, as the name states, change ID to hide from people.)?
(05-28-2017, 04:26 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Wait, does it reveal ALLLLL antagonists, like wizards (Who start with no IDs) and changelings (Who can, as the name states, change ID to hide from people.)?

I haven't actually been able to test this locally. It should print out something for all antagonists, including wizards and changelings... my bet is that it will be the name they start with. Their 'true' name.
Problem: objectives that involve taking pictures.
Reasoning: outside tourists there is only 2 cameras on the station. This means 2 players essentially have a monopoly on these objectives. Yes of course access to things will always mean certain players will start at an advantage, but unlike access, there is no way to get more or hack your way to get pictures.
Solution: shitty disposal cameras which can only take 5 pictures, have a small chance of flashing the player and accidentally taking picture of themselves. Available through trader, or vending machine.
Hey, recently did a round.

It's been a bit so I don't know the exact name anymore (so correct me if I'm wrong), but what the hell is robot storage?  I've tried everywhere I could think of (Robotics, robotics storage area, emergency supplies where borgs can recharge)and it prevented me from sending that stupid circular saw and getting the info on the other spy.

Granted, I already knew she was a spy but I didn't think she was the only one.
^^^ did you try where the guardbuddys are stored?
(06-28-2017, 09:52 AM)Sundance Wrote: Problem: objectives that involve taking pictures.
Reasoning: outside tourists there is only 2 cameras on the station. This means 2 players essentially have a monopoly on these objectives. Yes of course access to things will always mean certain players will start at an advantage, but unlike access, there is no way to get more or hack your way to get pictures.
Solution: shitty disposal cameras which can only take 5 pictures, have a small chance of flashing the player and accidentally taking picture of themselves. Available through trader, or vending machine.

I'm not opposed to this, but there's strategic element to those kind of objectives.

Obviously, if you don't have the camera you can't do them, so you can put your attention elsewhere, or you can camp out near them and catch who tries to photograph them.
(06-28-2017, 10:27 AM)Technature Wrote: Hey, recently did a round.

It's been a bit so I don't know the exact name anymore (so correct me if I'm wrong), but what the hell is robot storage?  I've tried everywhere I could think of (Robotics, robotics storage area, emergency supplies where borgs can recharge)and it prevented me from sending that stupid circular saw and getting the info on the other spy.

Granted, I already knew she was a spy but I didn't think she was the only one.

isnt robot storage either the guardbuddy thing like sundance said or the thing under the ai upload/core on cog1, with the robotics terminal
(06-28-2017, 01:42 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: isnt robot storage either the guardbuddy thing like sundance said or the thing under the ai upload/core on cog1, with the robotics terminal

It's the guardbuddy Depot.
(06-28-2017, 09:52 AM)Sundance Wrote: Reasoning: outside tourists there is only 2 cameras on the station.
depends on the map, but some of them do have quite a lot of cameras if you check Telescience and Crew Quarters.

(06-28-2017, 09:52 AM)Sundance Wrote: Solution: shitty disposal cameras
regardless of the above I like this!
MyBlueCorners Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:Reasoning: outside tourists there is only 2 cameras on the station.
depends on the map, but some of them do have quite a lot of cameras if you check Telescience and Crew Quarters.

Sundance Wrote:Solution: shitty disposal cameras
regardless of the above I like this!
Completely forgot about telesci. Never knew there was cameras in crew quarters in any of the maps?
(06-29-2017, 01:57 AM)Sundance Wrote: Completely forgot about telesci. Never knew there was cameras in crew quarters in any of the maps?

On cog2, there's at least 2 cameras in the crew quarters right next to arrivals, on some tables I think, cog1 I think there's some floating around idk
Drawing some shitty old cameras could probably be fun.
What about a Spy-themed camera disguised as something innocuous? Like a pen-camera or briefcase filmmaker. For extra style points.