Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
tell your new mode ideas here (MEGATHREAD)
Construction~
All memes aside, a revamped construction mode as some sort of fun admin thing every once in a while would be cool. Maybe, the endgame would be having an inspector(Randomly Chosen) come aboard and see if the ship was in working order. Maybe there would be saboteurs who try to sabotage construction.
that vip mode sounds amazing. can we get that as a separate thread

(05-07-2017, 04:11 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: VIP mode

the  president of nanotrasen is coming to deliver a speech at (INSERT SPACE STATION NAME HERE)! they must be kept alive, deliver the speech, and be safely returned to their shuttle and leave the station. arriving with the president is a guard detail comprised of 4-5 people. on the station a group of 4-5 syndicate saboteurs have already infiltrated the crew and their goal is to assassinate the president! the assassins would have the option of going in guns blazing or something more stealthy and devious to rig the shuttle the president arrived in to explode

headhunter mode

the syndicate is headhunting for new members! the objective is to snatch 1 person from each department. the field agent would be given a supply of fulton recovery jetpacks. the field agent would stun their target, put the jetpack on them, and chuck them into space where the jetpack would activate and automatically fly the person to the syndicate station in order for them to be converted. upon successful conversion, the newly brainwashed syndicate agent could return to the station as a hardmode traitor in order to assist the field agent to kidnap more people or wreak havoc
I had an idea for a Virus mode back in the day:

https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=4650

Here's a better version
A malicious program has infiltrated the station's computer network, its only goal being to cause as much panic as possible.
However, unlike other programs, this one has been specifically programmed to only commence non-lethal actions, 
although injuring the crew is okay, you cannot kill them directly. (except for people on your objectives list)

A Virus starts in a randomly selected computer on board the station. It can jump to other machinery by clicking on it.
Different machines have different functions the Virus can use. 
(i.e, snap doors shut on people, vending machines launch snacks and other things, lights flicker)
The virus' main goal is to grow. You can replicate by clicking the machine you are on, it now belongs to you.
Infecting more machinery unlocks more functions you can commence, such as temporarily disabling communications, or sending rude messages on the PDA.
The virus wins if it infects the mainframe in the computer core, but the crew wins if they manage to delete the virus from the station's system.
Oh, and did I mention infecting the DWAINE mainframe takes a long time? Long enough for the crew to find out what's going on.

I'm not sure if this is better then the last try I did. I hope so.
All of Youkcats gamemode ideas are incredible, but lots of work.
Destiny only: Expedition 

The ship is on a voyage. Multiple random encounters happen. Meteors, alien attacks, negotiating with other ships and merchants, having away missions to rescue stranded scientists. The crew needs to deal with the encounters the best they can. After a set amount of time the ship reached it's destination and the crew is graded.

A pool of players are chosen at round start to fill the encounter roles, while the rest are crew. As players die they are added to the encounter pool and are chosen from randomly.
Team Construction/Planning Error Mode:

This is sort of a half baked sleep deprived combination of construction mode and Rev

Two teams start at opposite corners of the map and are both tasked with constructing the most complete station by any means necessary. Any late joining players would just be able to choose "construction worker" as their job and would be assigned to one team or the other to preserve the balance.

The general idea is that each side would be struggling both to build their own station, destroy parts of the other station and prevent pieces of their own station from also being destroyed by the other team. The symmetrical nature of the setup should prevent too much in the way of imbalance.

The round would probably need to end after a specific duration and for something like this respawning would almost definitely need to be enabled, but i still think it has a possibility of being incredibly fun. Thoughts?
Tag: A crewman is designated "it" They touch others to tag them. They cannot be tagged back by the person they immediately tagged.

While it, a timer counts down from 3 minutes. It stops when they aren't it, and resumes from where it left off when they are.

When the timer reaches 0, they explode into gibs and another player is randomly chosen to be it. This goes on until one person remains
(05-07-2017, 06:18 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Tag: A crewman is designated "it" They touch others to tag them. They cannot be tagged back by the person they immediately tagged.

While it, a timer counts down from 3 minutes. It stops when they aren't it, and resumes from where it left off when they are.

When the timer reaches 0, they explode into gibs and another player is randomly chosen to be it. This goes on until one person remains

I imagine a mob trying to capture whoever is it so that they can wait out the timer, and then the it player tags a member of the mob who all instantly turn on their former ally
I've tried playing impromptu tag matches on the station but no one ever played along.

What about the classics? Capture the Flag, Team Deathmatch, King of the Hill, etc.

It could be Syndicate vs Nanotrasen or just crew vs crew.

EDIT: Oh, my stars. I just read someone's post that mentioned highlander and it's too good to pass up.

Highlander Mode!
There can be only one. Few folks get swords and come back from any death unless they are bested and beheaded in a fight with another highlander. Killing another Highlander gives you their power (making you stronger, faster, etc) and causes lightening to shoot out from their corpse, your character to scream "There can be only one," and the lights nearby to overload. Beautiful.
I liked it when Dions was doing the whole 'Get Dions' thing. Lots and lots of yakety sax.

Problem being that it requires people to be:
> Motivated to chase. Not everyone is as fun to punch as Dions.
> Motivated to run. "I just want to grow weed so no"
> Sporting. "AI lock down Forrest. Everyone come to mechanics and get your meth and tasers."

I feel this could be reworked into some sort of fugitive mode, but can't figure out how to gear it where it won't just be another "Kill this, win a prize" mode without making it "Lets hold hands and sing".
crime mode: everyone is a hardmode traitor but the only objective is to escape holding the most cash. mode has a capped time limit, the shuttle is autocalled at 20min in so it lasts half hr at most
(05-08-2017, 11:08 AM)misto Wrote: crime mode: everyone is a hardmode traitor but the only objective is to escape holding the most cash. mode has a capped time limit, the shuttle is autocalled at 20min in so it lasts half hr at most

*captain or HOP steals all the moneys from station*

also where did the end screen stat that told who was the richest person on the station
captain or hop can steal all they want. but they still have to escape on the shuttle with the cash. that is when you catch them. try not to burn the cash when killing them
Since people want more chaos, we definitely could use more mass-antag modes. Could be something unstructured, like gang or spy, or something more structured that pits half the crew against the other.

Personally, I like a break from the 'Is this guy gonna eat m-yeah he's gonna eat me' play. That's one of the things I like about gang. You know when it's gang, who's in a gang, and what gang they're in. Pretty sure most agree, seeing how many people complain about silent assassins.
In general, the more people can get involved in the current conflict, the better.