Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Antagonist: Computer Virus
This new Antagonist is called a Computer Virus. It's one that can be picked.

Short Description
The Computer Virus is a rogue program that starts in one of the computers somewhere in the station. It's goal is to infect every electronic device on the station. The crew, however, is capable of sending it off the station. If this is done, the crew wins. Otherwise, the Virus wins. The Virus is capable of jumping from computer to computer, and is also capable of controlling bots. The virus itself, needs to escape on the shuttle in order to control the rest of space.

Long Description
The Computer Virus is a rogue program that starts in one of the computers somewhere in the station. The virus is capable of jumping from one electronic device to another. This includes ANY sort of mechanical machine, apart from Cyborgs or the AI. It is, however, capable of controlling fire alarms, APCs, etc. It can also control bots and infect Guardbuddies when the virus is in their docking port. Viruses can also cause vending machines to fire goodies on people. It's purpose is to take control of the entire station as well as the rest of the various outposts and spaceships scattered around that still function. Late-joining Viruses will spawn somewhere in the Debris Field, and will need to find and jump into a pod to transfer to the station. During the virus' stay at any one of the space locations that have not been completely blown up (Hemera, Strange Ship, Drone Corpse, Space Bee Hive, Robot Factory, Martian Outpost, etc.) And control the equipment. They can, for example, take control of the Egg pods in the Beehive and create an army of mind-controlled Beeslaves, which cannot be controlled by the virus due to being organic. They virus itself does not have a physical form. It can also be capable of jumping into the AI Shells. This would be an interesting mode. I hope you enjoyed. I tried to not talk about bots the whole way through. smile
Look, you need to stop. This is not healthy.
Marquesas Wrote:Look, you need to stop. This is not healthy.

I'm not talking about bots! I'm talking about a new antagonist idea!
MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:Another post relating to bots and bots accessories
Ed Venture Wrote:

The whole idea of this post is to introduce a new antagonist. Not to spam about bots. Pleae, I'm not trying to be rude!
MaRcuSTheDAWG Wrote:
Ed Venture Wrote:

The whole idea of this post is to introduce a new antagonist. Not to spam about bots. Pleae, I'm not trying to be rude!

I, in fact, know what a robot in space station 13 is!

"A robot is a mechanical device, designed to assist in several activities, but usually ends up causing more trouble then they are worth. The robot usually takes someone's job, in which they do the job, most likely terribly. In any sense, robots are still not very reliable, causing much annoyance in the terms of operation." -Some guy who is a roboticist
this sound's remarkably similar to this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5034 which was posted not too long ago.
To be fair to you MaRcuSTheDAWG, there is a fair bit of speciesism on goon, and all the synthetics don't get enough love. robuddies are cool and should be celebrated.
salix_catus Wrote:this sound's remarkably similar to this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5034 which was posted not too long ago.
To be fair to you MaRcuSTheDAWG, there is a fair bit of speciesism on goon, and all the synthetics don't get enough love. robuddies are cool and should be celebrated.
Yeah, and the drones! Wasps are seriously serious. Not evil. Bees are already cuddly. They are also good at playing fetch. Those weird machines don't get much love, either.
People seem to hate me for liking a single thing. :/
Yeah, and the drones! Wasps are seriously serious. Not evil. Bees are already cuddly. They are also good at playing fetch. Those weird machines don't get much love, either.
People seem to hate me for liking a single thing. :/
Isn't this just malfunction from tg station.
Does it affect the AI?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhQhZ4rcJdU

Seriously though quit it this is getting out of hand
Ignoring the unhealthy fascination with Synthetics and Robots, here's some questions about the mode.

1. How does the Virus 'infect every electronic device on the station'? Do you jump to something and infect it? Do you physically interact with it?
2. Does this take time? Can infection be interrupted by the crew or the AI?
3. Does it have to be every electronic device on the station? Like.... Do we need to infect every individual APC, ATM, Vending Machine, and Arcade Pod, or what? Are there subsystems to take over that make this task easier?
4. How does the AI react? I'd assume it's a virus so it wouldn't be considered human. Couldn't the AI just shut down whatever it is the virus is trying to enter? Moreover, why shouldn't a virus be able to infect an AI or Cyborg?
5. How does the crew deal with this? Do they go around and deactivate every electronic they see? Can the virus mess with the Comms Satellite?

I don't consider myself an expert on suggestions or anything, but you gotta give us more information, man! Goals, mechanics, necessary powers, etc.
BruiseCruise Wrote:Ignoring the unhealthy fascination with Synthetics and Robots, here's some questions about the mode.

1. How does the Virus 'infect every electronic device on the station'? Do you jump to something and infect it? Do you physically interact with it?
2. Does this take time? Can infection be interrupted by the crew or the AI?
3. Does it have to be every electronic device on the station? Like.... Do we need to infect every individual APC, ATM, Vending Machine, and Arcade Pod, or what? Are there subsystems to take over that make this task easier?
4. How does the AI react? I'd assume it's a virus so it wouldn't be considered human. Couldn't the AI just shut down whatever it is the virus is trying to enter? Moreover, why shouldn't a virus be able to infect an AI or Cyborg?
5. How does the crew deal with this? Do they go around and deactivate every electronic they see? Can the virus mess with the Comms Satellite?

I don't consider myself an expert on suggestions or anything, but you gotta give us more information, man! Goals, mechanics, necessary powers, etc.

1. It jumps to the electronic device, which it inhabits then. It can only see what is near the electronic device, when it leaves, the device is infected.
2. Infection takes quite a while. The crew can use a Ion Repulsor to drive the virus away from certain devices.
3. Nope. It only needs to be some of the computers. Most likely the controls to centcom. The virus will need to enter a communications disk to spread it's infection to other ships.
4. The AI can't really do anything about it. Once the virus takes over it has control over that machine. The AI cannot take back control of the device unless it hacks it in its shell.
5. The crew has a special Ion Repulser housed in the Captain's Quarters, it can remove infection from the device infected by the virus. It can also push the virus out of the infected device.