Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor Captain's space suit now slows you down
(04-25-2017, 08:33 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(04-25-2017, 07:58 AM)Grayshift Wrote: Side note: I'm eyeing magboots next...

People don't even use magboots enough as it is!

They're really cool and useful for doing stuff in space, but they're enough of a pain on station to discourage overuse.

Mag boots aka the left dying on the floor because I couldn't pull you boots
I've been convinced to leave magboots alone for now since people seem to regard not being able to be pulled as a drawback rather than feature?

There's far fewer of them on cogmap1 than cogmap2 anyhow, so I suppose people might go back to stealing the janitor's galoshes. We can only hope.
In my experience, pulling a guy is used way more for getting someone to safety and medical care or a criminal to the brig than it is for nefarious reasons since outside of a couple of specific antags most of them are perfectly happy to just murder you wherever you happen to be standing.
Please stop adding movement debuffs/slows to things. Logically, the captain's spacesuit may be lighter and more valued because it's made of higher quality materials for special boys.
(04-25-2017, 10:20 AM)The Worst Wrote: Please stop adding movement debuffs/slows to things. Logically, the captain's spacesuit may be lighter and more valued because it's made of higher quality materials for special boys.

Also, playing an average round once in a while just to see how these things work out in practice wouldn't hurt. Not to single out Grayshift but they didn't actually know engineering spacesuits were given a speed debuff until being reminded of it recently, when it's been a thing for quite a while now.
I sped up engineering space suits and the bomb disposal suits! The captain's suit just caught my eye because it was a speed bonus and that seemed very silly.

I do still play. Just not as frequently, and not as Grace Schiff.
There is only one of the captains space suit, otherwise it's just a green space suit. I don't see why it should have a slow added, it's not like there was a massive amount of people abusing it or something, since there is just one.
Yeah, fair enough. Cap's suit now has 50% penalty of other space suits.
Anti-slip footwear kinda lost it's value when sprint-walking became a thing
(04-25-2017, 11:12 AM)Grayshift Wrote: Yeah, fair enough. Cap's suit now has 50% penalty of other space suits.

Why have the penalty at all, though?
(04-25-2017, 10:20 AM)The Worst Wrote: Please stop adding movement debuffs/slows to things.

Agreed it's getting a tad excessive now in my opinion.
(04-25-2017, 01:15 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(04-25-2017, 10:20 AM)The Worst Wrote: Please stop adding movement debuffs/slows to things.

Agree it's getting a tad excessive now in my opinion.
(04-25-2017, 02:23 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(04-25-2017, 01:15 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(04-25-2017, 10:20 AM)The Worst Wrote: Please stop adding movement debuffs/slows to things.

Agree it's getting a tad excessive now in my opinion.
Alright enough of the quote pyramid. There is one thing I have to say here. Just a little bit of game design philosophy from someone who has never developed a game: Any change you make to a game should exist to make the game more fun. That is all.
(04-25-2017, 02:50 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
Alright enough of the quote pyramid. There is one thing I have to say here. Just a little bit of game design philosophy from someone who has never developed a game: Any change you make to a game should exist to make the game more fun. That is all.