Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor Captain's space suit now slows you down
It used to be the only suit that didn't have a slowdown effect.
This better not be a feature I swear to god
please fix, i need some way to show my superiority to these plebs with their normal space suits
Sacrifices for fashion must be made.
(04-24-2017, 08:05 PM)Grayshift Wrote: Sacrifices for fashion must be made.

This better not mean this is staying.
I thought that the sacrifice was the fashion.
(04-24-2017, 09:02 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 08:05 PM)Grayshift Wrote: Sacrifices for fashion must be made.

This better not mean this is staying.

??????????FUCK YOU GRAYSHIFT???????????
Really, I noticed that the captain's space suit actually had a movement speed bonus while I was normalizing regular suits and engineering suits and thought "that's dumb."

I'm open to hearing reasons why the cap's suit should be better/worse than other space suits, though. My thoughts run something along the lines of:

-The cap's suit can let you impersonate a captain, for good or bad. If people don't mouseover you to check your name before you run off, you're just "captain threw an incendiary into genetics!!!" And it's less suspicious when a seemingly-captain barges into a workplace since he's supposed to have all access.
-If the cap wants a regular space suit there's nothing stopping him from getting one.

Actually, thinking about this - I may make the cap's suit even slower but also give it some armor values, about the same as a syndie space suit. (Space suit slows don't apply when you're in space, by the way.)
Do syndi suits have a slowdown? I'd be cool with having the syndicate space suit and captain's suit be on par.
Syndie suits don't seem to have a slowdown as far as I recall, which makes it really troublesome to fight them since your options are 'run into the breached zone with no spacesuit and get shot to pieces while you slowly freeze' or 'spend valuable time getting a spacesuit, run into the breached zone and then die because you're wearing a slow-as-hell spacesuit'.

On a related note, I don't think any amount of armor is a decent trade-off for speed because 99% of the time, what kills you is stuns, and while you can outrun the stunner no amount of armor will save you once stunned because the guy who stunned you can keep you down indefinitely with an extinguisher while he slowly strips off your armor.

The NASSA suit, for instance, gives you almost no armor and is pretty much considered a necessity for any spacefaring job, to the point where a dozen people will rush for it at the start of every round and half of them will suicide if they don't get it.
I noticed the speed boost given by the captain's space suit when I was first making my armor patch.

I considered removing it, but I decided against it because there's only one in the whole game, barring admin shenanigans.

I don't think any reasonable level of armor will be enough to make up for losing speed.

The captain's space suit has always been something to cover precisely because it's so good.

That having been said, removing the bonus speed in exchange for slightly more armor seems acceptable, as long as no speed penalty is added.
(04-25-2017, 06:07 AM)Roomba Wrote: The NASSA suit, for instance, gives you almost no armor and is pretty much considered a necessity for any spacefaring job, to the point where a dozen people will rush for it at the start of every round and half of them will suicide if they don't get it.

The NASSA suits are good but I don't think that they're that in demand. I can almost always get one without much trouble. The faint signal one seems to be the only one that usually gets taken. The others are left undistiurbed - especially the one in the adventure zone

captains space suit Id say should have a penalty but a lower one than regular space suits if it has armor plates in it

if you want the best bonuses you can always get body armor (or even the armored firesuit since I think it has no penalty unless that was changed), nassa suit+a helm, and those mining boots that make you super fast. Then youve got cold immunity, high fire resist, armor, and run super fast.
Captain's suit should be the best on the station. Lettuce mein speaketh thyne wayeths ye yonder:

- It makes the captain and their office more of a target.
- There's only one. Needs a counterbuff.
- It looks dumb. Needs a counterbuff.
- It is highly identifiable. Needs a counterbuff.
- Did I mention it makes the captain and their office more of a target.
- Because it makes the captain and their office more of a target.

Okay so most of that was filler. The only important thing to grasp is that it makes the captain and their office more of a target. The captain needs to have the very best so we can know that they deserve the very worst.

Okay so all of the above was basically a joke. I never play captain so I honestly couldn't care less. Still, since there's only one, and it's in the captain's office, I suppose you could say it makes the captain and their office more of a target.

I really shouldn't post while I'm drinking.

I also really shouldn't get drink at 11am. Oh well, daytime is basically my nighttime anyways. Here's to us!
Let me put it this way: If I didn't think it would cause riots, I'd remove the NASSA suit wholesale. Or just replace every instance of it with its missing counterpart helmet with a desc that says "What the fuck is this fucking shit"

Or at the very least put them in places that require more than minimum effort to get.

As for the cap's suit, if people don't care for a slower armored version I'll just leave it as is.

Side note: I'm eyeing magboots next...
(04-25-2017, 07:58 AM)Grayshift Wrote: Side note: I'm eyeing magboots next...

People don't even use magboots enough as it is!

They're really cool and useful for doing stuff in space, but they're enough of a pain on station to discourage overuse.