Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do other stations have that we don't?
Every time it's brought up, it tends to get shut down by lots of admins and pretty much every HoS.

I like concrete rules of conduct that specify things like jail time and what not. I'd like it if Sec actually had a the book to throw at people. Of course, I'm also one of the three or four people that think the lack of long jail times makes 'arresting' pointless. Why break out when you get let out in 5 minutes? Why 'arrest' that mass murderer when they'll be out in 5 minutes, and be back to killing the other half of the station?
(05-15-2017, 07:06 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Every time it's brought up, it tends to get shut down by lots of admins and pretty much every HoS.

I like concrete rules of conduct that specify things like jail time and what not. I'd like it if Sec actually had a the book to throw at people. Of course, I'm also one of the three or four people that think the lack of long jail times makes 'arresting' pointless. Why break out when you get let out in 5 minutes? Why 'arrest' that mass murderer when they'll be out in 5 minutes, and be back to killing the other half of the station?

Exactly arrest times Should be long and harsh to encourage people to be more creative about not getting caught and i'm saying this as a guy who loves to piss off sec. sec as is are not very punishing and that should not be the case they need to be there to give the antag a challenge and force them to be more clever.
(05-15-2017, 07:06 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Every time it's brought up, it tends to get shut down by lots of admins and pretty much every HoS.

I agree with you completely.

What's odd to me is the space law section of the wiki has been updated and its laws refined (see here) but the Space Law books in-game don't reflect this change.

Also, there aren't many copies of space law available. Security team members should spawn with one: an up-to-date version.

EDIT
Making the brig timer have a much higher cap would be great. Having the brig be not so easily escapable as it currently is would be beneficial.
On other servers arrests are a LOT longer. You could get brigged for 5 minutes just for theft, and 30 minutes for really fucking something up. Also Security is given a lot more leeway when it comes to the use of lethal force. Anyone escaping the brig is to be sentenced to death, and lethal force is authorized on them. Also, Security MUST be professional. Not showing weapons during All-Clear, reciting rights, giving warnings, and having to follow a Standard Operating Procedure. I know LLJK2 is NRP but on LLJK1 with MRP this would go great.

I've been pushing for longer brig sentences for a while now.

Why are my only options a slap on the wrist brig sentence or execution?
integrate the ghost drone factory into the prison complex, make prisoners assemble ghost drones by hand as part of punishment
Because long brig times don't dissuade people from criming, they just piss people off to the point where they're willing to kill or die rather than sit there for ten minutes. Security would be more of a target and have to babysit the brig more making it even less fun to play, and antags would be far more likely to go for a lethal mass murder approach because why not you're just going to execute or permabrig them regardless.

I personally much prefer confiscating contraband and alternative punishments like delimbing or humiliation and release, the crew is quite capable of dealing with assholes if you take away their access and equipment (and limbs), and it gives the antag players a chance to use their head to achieve their goals.
(05-15-2017, 05:57 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: I personally much prefer confiscating contraband and alternative punishments like delimbing or humiliation and release, the crew is quite capable of dealing with assholes if you take away their access and equipment (and limbs), and it gives the antag players a chance to use their head to achieve their goals.

I personally have never once had someone go along with delimbing or humiliation.

They usually plead for me to just kill them.

Why people hate being brigged so much, I'll never know. It's certainly more fun than being limbless or dead.
(05-15-2017, 06:00 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(05-15-2017, 05:57 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: I personally much prefer confiscating contraband and alternative punishments like delimbing or humiliation and release, the crew is quite capable of dealing with assholes if you take away their access and equipment (and limbs), and it gives the antag players a chance to use their head to achieve their goals.

I personally have never once had someone go along with delimbing or humiliation.

They usually plead for me to just kill them.

Why people hate being brigged so much, I'll never know. It's certainly more fun than being limbless or dead.

i play on european extreme mode, thats why i like to suicide upon arrest
Clearly you're going about it wrong and need to offer chainsaws before you chop off their limbs
(05-15-2017, 05:57 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Because long brig times don't dissuade people from criming, they just piss people off to the point where they're willing to kill or die rather than sit there for ten minutes. Security would be more of a target and have to babysit the brig more making it even less fun to play, and antags would be far more likely to go for a lethal mass murder approach because why not you're just going to execute or permabrig them regardless.

I personally much prefer confiscating contraband and alternative punishments like delimbing or humiliation and release, the crew is quite capable of dealing with assholes if you take away their access and equipment (and limbs), and it gives the antag players a chance to use their head to achieve their goals.

They can only keep you locked up for five minutes at most. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. You keep doing the crime after your time then I'll just beat you and flush you down the trash. Though I do think more punishments would go a long way but just like the old gimmicks I would try as a antag the other players just don't play along so it's most likely never going to happen. I do want there to be more leeway for lethal force usage though.

Aren't the people that go on repeated mass murder sprees the parts where the HoS or Captain permabrig or execute someone?
The point of sec isn't too dissuade crimers from criming, we're not trying to raise a family on the station. Sec is, at least in part, crime fighting shitheads that make life suck for anyone who crimes. Throwing someone in jail is punishment, but it's also boring if all you can do is wait to be let out.
Having ~ultra strict spacelaw~ is retarded because people with nothing better to do will try to trick sec people into violating it so they can play gotcha with adminhelps. There was a huge rash of that even with the current rules a few years ago.

Also, related to the actual thread topic, I refuse to play on a server that lacks *scream.
(05-16-2017, 12:03 PM)Technature Wrote:

Aren't the people that go on repeated mass murder sprees the parts where the HoS or Captain permabrig or execute someone?

On other servers just being an antag is enough for them to permabrig or execute, you never see antags doing fun gimmicks because sec will just arrest you and end your round regardless of context. While it's not against the rules to kill an antag here it's strongly encouraged to take context into account when deciding to arrest, or a sentence. Of Course if someone is going around mass-murdering everyone feel free to throw them out of an airlock.