Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do other stations have that we don't?
A space law that officers actually have to follow, not just guidelines that nobody follows or has any respect to it
Atmos pipes that you can actually modify, and Rapid Piping Devices, and Pipe Dispensers. I want to fuck around with the engine, not just do the same thing every round. I want to build the most efficient canbomb factory possible in toxins! I've been playing on other stations over the past few days just for that, pretty much.
(05-14-2017, 09:49 AM)elan_oots Wrote: Atmos pipes that you can actually modify, and Rapid Piping Devices, and Pipe Dispensers. I want to fuck around with the engine, not just do the same thing every round. I want to build the most efficient canbomb factory possible in toxins! I've been playing on other stations over the past few days just for that, pretty much.

Damn, yes. These are fantastic, especially on FTL13, where you can shift various waste gases around to recycle them.
less click and movement delay
(05-14-2017, 10:45 AM)ErikHanson Wrote: less click and movement delay

Yes please
(05-01-2017, 12:55 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: I was never a very big fan of the 'go fetch' variants of research. Either way, on goon that'd probably be mechanics' job.

Speaking of which, I think it would be cool if there was a science research thing that worked similar to mechanical components.

Just connecting various doodads and bits together and then seeing what items you can come up with. Like taking old mechanics and repurposing it into legos.

E.g Combine this rad emitter with this gun frame for a gun that gives you cancer, or throw it into glasses for a pair of xray specs that need to be recharged. Just take care not to set the rad emitter too high or your eyeballs fry.
(05-14-2017, 04:02 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:
(05-01-2017, 12:55 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: I was never a very big fan of the 'go fetch' variants of research. Either way, on goon that'd probably be mechanics' job.

Speaking of which, I think it would be cool if there was a science research thing that worked similar to mechanical components.

Just connecting various doodads and bits together and then seeing what items you can come up with. Like taking old mechanics and repurposing it into legos.

E.g Combine this rad emitter with this gun frame for a gun that gives you cancer, or throw it into glasses for a pair of xray specs that need to be recharged. Just take care not to set the rad emitter too high or your eyeballs fry.

I like this idea but with so many good things in life it seems like it would take alot of effort to implement.
So thats why we can't have nice things.
(05-14-2017, 04:09 PM)HydroFloric Wrote:
(05-14-2017, 04:02 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:

I like this idea but with so many good things in life it seems like it would take alot of effort to implement.
So thats why we can't have nice things.

This is actually not that hard to implement, just write a basic framework that allows you to couple things together like the mechanics stuff does, and then expand it a bit
i play on different servers now for only one reason
the pace of play is a LOT quicker
goon was famed for having a ridiculously chaotic atmosphere where you'd probably die any second. it's not like that anymore. it's too predictable. the pace is way down imo and we're now the hobbyist nerd server that focus on intense knowledge of the game instead of what we used to be, which was a punching people in the face simulator. 
it's not violent anymore is what i'm trying to say. it's not as chaotic as it used to be, outside of on ass day (we hit 44 players there! which used to be lowpop for us)
we need to remedy that over any other change.

we need way more opportunities for hectic pvp- a few new modes would be lovely

we literally just fixed the click thing!
Honestly if we want more hectic games I suggest adding a hardmode traitor or two to each gamemode, especially if you bring up Ass Day as a good time. The downside of this would be that hardmode traitors in certain roles can be really hard to stop and can manage to do a lot of damage in a short period of time, as evidenced by Ass Day.

Also, I support the 'more badminnery' train. MAKE BADMINNERY GOOD AGAIN
(05-14-2017, 08:24 PM)zewaka Wrote:

we literally just fixed the click thing!

clicking is still pretty slow IMO, shoving someone has a massive delay between clicks
(05-14-2017, 05:00 PM)OMJ Wrote: i play on different servers now for only one reason
the pace of play is a LOT quicker
goon was famed for having a ridiculously chaotic atmosphere where you'd probably die any second. it's not like that anymore. it's too predictable. the pace is way down imo and we're now the hobbyist nerd server that focus on intense knowledge of the game instead of what we used to be, which was a punching people in the face simulator. 
it's not violent anymore is what i'm trying to say. it's not as chaotic as it used to be, outside of on ass day (we hit 44 players there! which used to be lowpop for us)
we need to remedy that over any other change.

we need way more opportunities for hectic pvp- a few new modes would be lovely

I think the main reason is that people think that punching someone til they're knocked down may ruin their round beyond repair (which is pretty...unlikely, to say the least).

Seriously, nothing is stopping you from starting a fist fight because someone insulted your cat, as long as you don't actively try to kill someone or steal something they really need (like their ID) when you're not an antag I don't see an issue with starting chaos yourself.

It's especially surprising that few people take advantage of the lack of security (though maybe that's because it means causing issues means you might be branded an antag?).
PvE on FTL13. IMO working together yet still having the risk of imminent and possibly silly demise and yet you can trust your coworkers is fantastic. While PvP can be fun, it's no fun if only the antagonist gets all the fun.

Things for ghosts to do. Not dying is a very good incentive to break RP a little since dying means you get jack shit to do for the rest of the round. pAIs, drones, cyborgs, posibrains, etc.
(05-14-2017, 07:07 AM)Maegor Wrote: A space law that officers actually have to follow, not just guidelines that nobody follows or has any respect to it

People are ignoring this important post.