Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 1.36 Average
Stamina and One Hit KOs
Game mechanics >>>>> realism

If you wanna complain about realism... Ohhh boy you're gonna be here for a *long* time.
I'm 100% certain that random crits are a thing, and that they do hit stamina a lot more. They just don't OHKO things, which seems like a pretty good thing. If you want someone to drop their weapon with a hit, use disarm instead, and then steal the weapon or whatever, but being able to both hit someone AND have a chance at disarming them for even a moment seems pretty bleg.
(04-07-2017, 02:41 PM)YoukCat Wrote: John Bobberson hits YoukCat Kitterson with a Cardboard Tube!
John Bobberson lands a critical hit!
YoukCat Kitterson's arm goes flying off!
YoukCat Kitterson screams!
John Bobberson yells: OH GOD
YoukCat Kitterson Stammers: WWWHYY!!!??

Different weapons should definitely have different crit effects, so you don't get things like this happening. Would also make weapon choices more interesting. I can imagine some crits that only apply to bare fisted combat for those wrassler types

Though the idea of innocous items having secret crits is great. Like the classic spoon groin attack
I'm pretty sure most of my fights have been won by lucky OHKO punches. See, what happens is they drain all of their stamina beating my face in and then, right before I go down, I get in a lucky hit. Down they go!

Top-tier robustness, there.
(04-06-2017, 03:50 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I think stamina should stay, but I'd love to see the return of critical hits, only applied differently.

Before, there was just a chance of instant knockouts

What I'd like to see is crits that apply status effects depending on where you afe targeting.

So, for instance you aim for their head, you might get a crit and they get a concussion that confuses their movement for a bit, or hit their arm to dislocate it and have them need to treat that before they use it again.

Crits would take into account what weapons you were usong, so something heavy aimed at the head would have concussions as a crit chance, but something sharp would be more likely to poke out an eye

This is a really good idea.