Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 1.36 Average
Stamina and One Hit KOs
stamina imo makes the game a lot more boring
One hit KOs from blunt objects (toolboxes, oxy tanks, etc) need to be reimplemented. makes no sense how someone could be standing while being clubbed multiple times by it
Imo the game's a lot more boring since this has been added and I don't really see why one hit knockdowns/knockouts are a thing of the past
So you're saying it's more exciting to just get knocked out in one hit and the fight being over then and there as the person knocked out is lasered/bludgeoned to death as opposed to them actually being able to defend themselves?
Disagree. There are still a fuckton of ways to instantly stun someone without a chance for them to fight back, we don't need toolboxes adding to it.
(04-06-2017, 01:50 PM)Musketman12 Wrote: So you're saying it's more exciting to just get knocked out in one hit and the fight being over then and there as the person knocked out is lasered/bludgeoned to death as opposed to them actually being able to defend themselves?

I think OMJ's point is that the ye olde, pre-stamina, RNG-based combat system lent a refreshing unpredictability to fights and brawls. It enabled everyone to have at least a chance, no matter how slim, at subduing a superior foe. It also made improvised weapons and fist-fighting much more viable than they are now.
I think stamina should stay, but I'd love to see the return of critical hits, only applied differently.

Before, there was just a chance of instant knockouts

What I'd like to see is crits that apply status effects depending on where you afe targeting.

So, for instance you aim for their head, you might get a crit and they get a concussion that confuses their movement for a bit, or hit their arm to dislocate it and have them need to treat that before they use it again.

Crits would take into account what weapons you were usong, so something heavy aimed at the head would have concussions as a crit chance, but something sharp would be more likely to poke out an eye
(04-06-2017, 03:50 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I think stamina should stay, but I'd love to see the return of critical hits, only applied differently.

What I'd like to see is crits that apply status effects depending on where you afe targeting.

So, for instance you aim for their head, you might get a crit and they get a concussion that confuses their movement for a bit, or hit their arm to dislocate it and have them need to treat that before they use it again.

Crits would take into account what weapons you were usong, so something heavy aimed at the head would have concussions as a crit chance, but something sharp would be more likely to poke out an eye

I like this idea a lot.
Heck, poking out an eye could mean a legitimate use for cyber-eye transplants.
bring back random crits

increase chance of random crits with a blunt weapon, and for punching people too but only if you have the musculature enhancement mutation

it'd also be funny if you could kick someone in the crotch for free crits
unarmed combat is perfectly viable. i've seen people like sailor dave fight off 4 people at once and win using just his fists. this idea just serves to mitigate skill, and is outright awful. i gave it 1 star.
(04-06-2017, 05:38 PM)Boon Yoon Wrote: unarmed combat is perfectly viable. i've seen people like sailor dave fight off 4 people at once and win using just his fists. this idea just serves to mitigate skill, and is outright awful. i gave it 1 star.

Sailor Dave used to do the same thing with the old RNG system.

He's robust as heck.
(04-06-2017, 03:53 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote:
(04-06-2017, 03:50 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I think stamina should stay, but I'd love to see the return of critical hits, only applied differently.

I like this idea a lot.

I extend my support to this. It's possible to get crits with basically anything though, I've learned--
which has the interesting effect of making stuff do weird damage, or no damage but just stamina damage, I dunno

The extension of sharp/heavy/blunt/etc. would be good for like, hacky custom weapons or materials-made stuff.
With the current implementation I've killed about four? wizards as a staff assistant equivalent just by hitting them over the head with a toolbox to knock them unconscious. Toolboxes deal 40 stamina damage by the way. Like maybe instead of just looking at how much health damage objects do pay attention to what stamina damage they deal.
(04-06-2017, 02:42 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I think OMJ's point is that the ye olde, pre-stamina, RNG-based combat system lent a refreshing unpredictability to fights and brawls. It enabled everyone to have at least a chance, no matter how slim, at subduing a superior foe. It also made improvised weapons and fist-fighting much more viable than they are now.
Yes. Random crits are fun.

(04-06-2017, 04:43 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: bring back random crits

increase chance of random crits with a blunt weapon, and for punching people too but only if you have the musculature enhancement mutation

it'd also be funny if you could kick someone in the crotch for free crits

That's all I'm asking for really- more random crits that could potentially get people down more quickly.

This is also good.

The current system in play, in comparison to the one of ye olde, is boring in my opinion.
John Bobberson hits YoukCat Kitterson with a Cardboard Tube!
John Bobberson lands a critical hit!
YoukCat Kitterson's arm goes flying off!
YoukCat Kitterson screams!
John Bobberson yells: OH GOD
YoukCat Kitterson Stammers: WWWHYY!!!??
(04-07-2017, 01:08 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: With the current implementation I've killed about four? wizards as a staff assistant equivalent just by hitting them over the head with a toolbox to knock them unconscious. Toolboxes deal 40 stamina damage by the way. Like maybe instead of just looking at how much health damage objects do pay attention to what stamina damage they deal.

There's a bit of technique to robusting. What I've learned from brutalizing monkeys is that you want to knock them down first with a heavy stamina item like a toolbox, then finish them off with a high damage weapon like a pair of scissors.

Course, you could just flash them and skip the toolboxing. And swinging that toolbox deducts stamina from yourself too, so they could get a lucky whack in and knock you down. And you have to get them to stand still long enough to hit them, though you can queue up a click on someone and try to get in range just long enough for the game to think you were in range the whole time. It's a dance of robust game mechanics.