Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor change to make food useful:
Firstly:
Eating food now grants "stamina armor" on your stamina bar of +30 (depending on balance) on top of your preexisting stamina (default: 200), indicated by a white stamina bar.

How does it work? The stamina armor is essentially a non-rechargable buff, much like how armor would work with health. It requires eating again to get the buff. 

Secondly: food is separated into two camps: Major and Minor. The distinction between the two is straight forward: Major food provides the buff after eating 1 item, minor food is after 2. Major food is anything the chef prepares, minor is vending machine food and raw fruit/veg.

Some balancing points:
- The buff is not depleted by sprinting, and will remain after sprinting has occurred (the white bar will deplete as normal, but will stay white). If for example, you are tazed while tired from sprinting, the shot will bypass the buff while also removing it.
- Following that, the buff is depleted by all other methods (getting hit, tazed, disarmed) including actions by you (throwing punches). While not directly attributed to stamina, getting stunned by a stun rod will also deplete it
- Anything that depletes the stamina armor further than 30 will carry forward. Example again would be getting tazed, it depletes 60-70 stamina per shot, getting shot with it will leave you with 170 stamina and a depleted stamina armor.
- This may not be obvious, but the stamina armor is not an on/off scenario. If 10 stamina is reduced from you, you are left with 20 stamina armor, instead of none. There is no time limit, it will remain and can only be replenished by eating.
- The 2 minor food must eaten relatively consecutively. This has a knock on effect with syndicate donk pockets, which will require 2 to get the buff (thus reducing the already amazing stamina effects, most players would eat them spread out over a period of time)

All in all: this change makes food an advantageous option, it very much may help you at the start of any fight, but because its so minor and depletes at most instances, results in it requiring "topping up" whenever you have the time. It most definitely won't be useful to munch away in the middle of an fight: that 30 stamina is not worth it, the wiser option would be to retreat.
It will encourage crewmembers to eat, while not being a necessity.

Y/N?
I like it for the existing system, though in the future I think it needs expansion to make your decision to eat different kinds of food more meaningful.

A good foundation though
Essentially, a foundation yes. Keeping it simple, this allows for it to be tweaked easier, seen as stamina and the sheer amount of things that can effect it. Another thing of note could be liquids: each "sup" of from a container (10u?, doesn't matter the liquid or amount, more the action) adds +2 stamina armor (max being 30)
Very similar to a thread I started earlier, but this is worded much more nicely. If anything, the icons could possibly be used from it.

Some types of foods should definitely have unique effects, especially the harder to make recipes.
I think I've got an idea on building off of the idea of "armor" for food types.

An amount of armor could also apply to the different damage types, each absorbing that extra bit first. This would be in addition to the stamina bonuses gained.

Protein rich foods - Brute
Hot and spicy foods - Cold temperature damage
Cold foods - High temperature damage
Fruits and veggies - Toxin damage

Can't really think of anything that would work thematically for O2 damage though

EDIT: Damage armor only is added if that damage is already at 0, so you can't snack in a fight to replenish it
Sounds raisinable. So long as wheys to cheese the system don't turnip.
(04-03-2017, 09:50 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I think I've got an idea on building off of the idea of "armor" for food types.

An amount of armor could also apply to the different damage types, each absorbing that extra bit first. This would be in addition to the stamina bonuses gained

Protein rich foods - Brute
Hot and spicy foods - Cold temperature damage
Cold foods - High temperature damage
Fruits and veggies - Toxin damage

Can't really think of anything that would work thematically for O2 damage though

eat ya grains
they got all those lil bubbles in em, clearly, full of oxygen
(04-03-2017, 09:50 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Can't really think of anything that would work thematically for O2 damage though

Bubblegum.
(04-04-2017, 02:50 AM)Erev Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 09:50 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Can't really think of anything that would work thematically for O2 damage though

Bubblegum.

only fitting that an item that doesn't yet exist and would be comparatively rare would be the one to fix oxygen damage, just like how there's no salbutamol in public medivends
(04-04-2017, 10:51 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(04-04-2017, 02:50 AM)Erev Wrote:

Bubblegum.

only fitting that an item that doesn't yet exist and would be comparatively rare would be the one to fix oxygen damage, just like how there's no salbutamol in public medivends

Anything menthol related, to open up your airways.
I think eating bigtime food should momentarily ( like for a few seconds maybe ) drop your stamina before gradually giving you the buff.

You eve try to go for a sprint immediately after reaming yourself full of spaghetti ?