Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What chems should be blacklisted for Hypos?
(03-26-2017, 08:03 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Suggestion: Instead of a hypo not being able to hold chems not on the white list, it just won't instant inject them like white listed ones.

Instead, it'll use the standard syringe time, but with the non addiction benefit

Maybe self injections should still be instant though?

Thirded. The biggest issue with hypos is the fear of running up and injecting people with a lot of horrible shit instantly. (Keeping self-injections instant would be a nice QoL thing.)

I think it'd be neat if the sprite got a little light on, or something, to denote that it contained an off-whitelist chemical and would be in Slow Mode so to speak. Doesn't mean it's deadly, it could just be cola or something
And emagging it could mean that all injections are once again instant, so you can still go around with your emagged hypospray from hell.
As to the actual list, looking at what's on there and thinking about things that make sense... I'm assuming we're keeping it a whitelist, since that seems to be the consensus.

-Helium. I can't imagine a sensor picking this out and it'd be funny.

-Sugar, Salt, Water. These take huge amounts of injections to harm someone and are components of saline-glucose-which isn't really a separate thing, so this is logical. As to what the hell you'd be putting them in there for, I dunno.

-Atropine, calomel. We have the injectors now. Turns out they're not broken WMDs. Don't think a hypo will be much different, and both are very useful medchems. (It's worthy of note that a hypo full of sali actually drives you into a toxic OD as it is, anyways. And pentetic is not actually nice stuff.)

-Ephedrine. I feel REALLY strongly about this-it's a medical drug as well as recreational, it makes as much sense as meth, and it's a chem that could use more exposure. (Actually double checking it, it's mostly got legality issues because it's an ingredient in meth, not due to abuse in and of its self... Heh.)

-Hairgrownium. Well. I mean, it grows hair. That's a medical thing. Super hairgrownium may be too much.

-Chicken Soup. What? It's a medical treatment.

-Ammonium Bicarbonate. I think someone just forgot to put this on the whitelist, if it's not.

-Both blood chems. Same idea as atropine/calomel-I don't think they're super killers.

-Simethicone. IT IS A MEDICAL CHEM

-Yobihodazine. Because pouring rum through a hypo to get at that sweet oxytreatment chem is pretty, pretty cool, and it's not really dangerous.

-LSD, THC. ... what? They've historically had and currently have medicinal properties respectively also this is the best thing come on. I'd throw in cat drugs personally.

-Fliptonium. C'moooooooooon

-Holy Water. Actually on the same lines as saline-glucose, this makes a lot of sense-no point for it purging this, it's actually a medicinal chem, and it's a fast way to check vamps. Kinda a funny trick.

So yeah that's some thoughts there.
(03-28-2017, 12:46 PM)SageAcrin Wrote: -Atropine, calomel. We have the injectors now. Turns out they're not broken WMDs. Don't think a hypo will be much different, and both are very useful medchems. (It's worthy of note that a hypo full of sali actually drives you into a toxic OD as it is, anyways. And pentetic is not actually nice stuff.)

Calomel, probably. Atropine, definitely not. The auto-injectors are fine, but the key with them is that they're limited in number and only contain a small amount of atropine. Atropine-stuns are nasty, and with 30 units of the stuff injected in one go with a hypo it'd take a long while to wear off.

The only way I could see it happening is if the amount of atropine in the nano-meds was reduced, or even if it was removed altogether and needed to be mixed by hand.
That's the main objection I thought to atropine, and I admit, it's valid.

I don't thiiiiink it's serious enough-a tiny amount of calomel purges atropine like everything else, 10 or 30. And it's not like there's a lot in nanomeds(What is it, three or four bottles?), so cutting it back wouldn't be too hard.

Wouldn't be too dangerous either-atropine is a barely used chem right now, and having two bottles that end up empty because people actually use it in blended hypos is a big improvement on having four bottles just sit there every round...

Not exactly a hill I'm willing to die on for argument, but I do think it's safe. Given the effectiveness that can be done with beakers and scalpels with fairly low work, I don't think it's too bad a risk.
Why not just remove the whitelist entirely and let chaos reign?
(03-28-2017, 12:46 PM)SageAcrin Wrote: -Sugar, Salt, Water. These take huge amounts of injections to harm someone and are components of saline-glucose-which isn't really a separate thing, so this is logical. As to what the hell you'd be putting them in there for, I dunno.

Too much sugar leads to hyperglycemic shock. Too much salt causes brain damage. Water should probably be fine.

(03-28-2017, 12:46 PM)SageAcrin Wrote: -Hairgrownium. Well. I mean, it grows hair. That's a medical thing. Super hairgrownium may be too much.
-Chicken Soup. What? It's a medical treatment.

Eh. Doesn't seem like these need to be injectable, but it's not actually harmful.

(03-28-2017, 12:46 PM)SageAcrin Wrote: -Ammonium Bicarbonate. I think someone just forgot to put this on the whitelist, if it's not.
-Both blood chems. Same idea as atropine/calomel-I don't think they're super killers.

These are probably oversights (although how the fuck are you even getting ammonium bicarbonate to start with?).

Also there's three blood chems. Filgrastim creates blood faster, proconvertin boosts blood pressure without adding blood and can stop bleeding, heparin removes blood clots and drops blood pressure. They're all bad in large doses, which might be an argument for exclusion -- hypertension can be pretty awful and hypotension is a killer.

(03-28-2017, 12:46 PM)SageAcrin Wrote: -Simethicone. IT IS A MEDICAL CHEM

-Yobihodazine. Because pouring rum through a hypo to get at that sweet oxytreatment chem is pretty, pretty cool, and it's not really dangerous.

-LSD, THC. ... what? They've historically had and currently have medicinal properties respectively also this is the best thing come on. I'd throw in cat drugs personally.

-Fliptonium. C'moooooooooon

-Holy Water. Actually on the same lines as saline-glucose, this makes a lot of sense-no point for it purging this, it's actually a medicinal chem, and it's a fast way to check vamps. Kinda a funny trick.

No, no, no no no no no no no. Vampires have it hard as it is without someone hypospraying them with holy water. What kind of self respecting medical system would allow for suspicious water that isn't normal water?
Atropine + Haloperidol = Pocket Fermids

Kinda like pocket sand, but less cool.
(03-29-2017, 06:15 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Atropine + Haloperidol = Pocket Fermids

Kinda like pocket sand, but less cool.

tosses pocket sand into your eyeballs