Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What chems should be blacklisted for Hypos?
I'm working on the very difficult project of reworking Hyposprays to contain a blacklist of dangerous chemicals instead of a whitelist of safe chemicals.
In your opinion, what chemicals should be blacklisted? I am not looking for a comprehensive list, just a few that I may not catch that you may think of.

EDIT: R-R-REMIX! Changing this to what chemicals should also be whitelisted?
Almost every chemical can be lethal if you try hard enough. Hell, even some of the whitelisted drugs can be deadly in large enough doses.
Yeah the whole reason for the whitelist is that a blacklist seems like a colossal pain in the ass to balance.

That said add morphine and teperone to the whitelist.
(03-26-2017, 06:19 AM)Sundance Wrote: teperone to the whitelist.

You can already put it on a hypospray
What others have said. The purpose of the whitelist is to be able to easily control what reagents can be put in them. If you use a blacklist and a reagent is added, unless you add it to the blacklist it will be able to be put in a hypospray. For some things this may be harmless; for others, disastrous.

In terms of what else could be whitelisted: ephedrine is a strong contender (high addiction chance mitigated by hypospray, comparable to epinephrine otherwise). Mutadone's probably not a bad idea, but might be too easily weaponized against genetic-supermutants. In a similar vein to meth being available, also coffee, sugar, and maybe chocolate (though sticking 30 units of chocolate into someone is a delayed pain in the ass from hyperglycaemic shock).
Might wanna change the title too.

Current List:
Code:
var/global/list/chem_whitelist = list("antihol", "charcoal", "epinephrine", "insulin", "mutadone", "teporone",\
"silver_sulfadiazine", "salbutamol", "perfluorodecalin", "omnizine", "stimulants", "synaptizine", "anti_rad",\
"oculine", "mannitol", "penteticacid", "stypic_powder", "methamphetamine", "spaceacillin", "saline",\
"salicylic_acid", "cryoxadone", "blood", "bloodc")

I don't know. It's really hard to balance. Even water could be disastrous.
Question: why would SS and SP be in there? both are poisons when injected and dont heal their respective damages that way...
(03-26-2017, 09:48 AM)Crazyabe Wrote: Question: why would SS and SP be in there? both are poisons when injected and dont heal their respective damages that way...
Hypo counters those effects. They also heal while in the bloodstream, I just think it's not as effective.
Perfluorodecalin is white listed but I don't think it should be.

It prevents the target from suffocating but also prevents them from speaking too. Inject it into someone and they cant call for help over the radio. Especially pairs well with knockout chems

Maybe whitelist strange reagent
(03-26-2017, 10:06 AM)Sov Wrote: Perfluorodecalin is white listed but I don't think it should be.

It prevents the target from suffocating but also prevents them from speaking too. Inject it into someone and they cant call for help over the radio. Especially pairs well with knockout chems

Maybe whitelist strange reagent

Perf is addictive, making a hypospray the only safe way to inject it. I'd suggest adding the blood-control chems like heparin and procovertin to the whitelist if they're not already
(03-26-2017, 10:06 AM)Sov Wrote: Perfluorodecalin is white listed but I don't think it should be.

No, It is perfect for saving people who are suffocating, and it is not even that effective at keeping you from talking
Questionable idea: Atropine should be whitelisted, if only so my medical belt full of hyposprays doesn't randomly have a lone auto-injector in it.
Suggestion: Instead of a hypo not being able to hold chems not on the white list, it just won't instant inject them like white listed ones.

Instead, it'll use the standard syringe time, but with the non addiction benefit

Maybe self injections should still be instant though?
(03-26-2017, 08:03 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Suggestion: Instead of a hypo not being able to hold chems not on the white list, it just won't instant inject them like white listed ones.

Instead, it'll use the standard syringe time, but with the non addiction benefit

Maybe self injections should still be instant though?

I like that idea.
I love Frank's idea. With that, you can remove Perf from the whitelist and make it still useful for doctors, as well as deadlier yet more powerful medicines.