Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
LLJK1 is still kinda poo
this thread is deeper than an acid trip. what is going on
It is a game. "Git gud, scrub."

I have a video that reminded me of how I was thinking a bit about this game. Would you like to see it? Should I post it in the thread about things you find that remind you of Space Station 13?

I think I was/[might have been] speaking abstractly.
Bump.

LLJK1's pop's been up, but how's the RP doing? Thoughts?
I think the RP has been having some rough times. When I hop on LLJK1, I always type 'who' before I start playing. If I don't recognize anyone really, I usually don't join. I've noticed that when newer players are left to their own devices, there's loads of IC in OOC and rule breaking and basically no RPing. I said more about this in the most recent admin complaint thread, but it belongs here more
(08-24-2017, 02:42 PM)Prichard Wrote: I think the RP has been having some rough times. When I hop on LLJK1, I always type 'who' before I start playing. If I don't recognize anyone really, I usually don't join. I've noticed that when newer players are left to their own devices, there's loads of IC in OOC and rule breaking and basically no RPing. I said more about this in the most recent admin complaint thread, but it belongs here more

You realise that by not joining (and therefore not setting examples for new players, which there actually have been a good few of) you're helping propagate the problem, right?
(08-25-2017, 09:23 AM)Mordent Wrote:
(08-24-2017, 02:42 PM)Prichard Wrote: I think the RP has been having some rough times. When I hop on LLJK1, I always type 'who' before I start playing. If I don't recognize anyone really, I usually don't join. I've noticed that when newer players are left to their own devices, there's loads of IC in OOC and rule breaking and basically no RPing. I said more about this in the most recent admin complaint thread, but it belongs here more

You realise that by not joining (and therefore not setting examples for new players, which there actually have been a good few of) you're helping propagate the problem, right?

That's true. However, it's also difficult to not do otherwise. If I know I'm guaranteed to have fun on 2, and there's a (very likely) chance of me doing nothing in terms of (good/fun) RP on 1, why would I pick the latter? This is just a hypothetical of course; I realize that it's important to try and be the change I want to see, if not for the new players, for the server itself.
(08-25-2017, 09:23 AM)Mordent Wrote: --

I see what you're saying but I respectfully disagree. I may not be fixing it, but I'm not escalating the problem. Not being online is different than actively encouraging bad culture imo
(08-25-2017, 10:29 AM)Prichard Wrote:
(08-25-2017, 09:23 AM)Mordent Wrote: --

I see what you're saying but I respectfully disagree. I may not be fixing it, but I'm not escalating the problem. Not being online is different than actively encouraging bad culture imo

The way that I'm seeing it is that you (as in people who've been on the Destiny for longer? I guess?) have the ability to help make a significant change and better the server, but you're choosing not to. Therefore, it can be argued that through your nonaction, you're allowing that sort of player behavior to spread and (eventually?) be seen as the norm. Obviously you shouldn't be blamed for other people's behavior or anything, but you should just keep this sort of thought in mind, maybe? Not sure if that's what Mordent meant, but that's my interpretation.

edit: Especially given that the current state of RP seems to be something you don't particularly enjoy or like

edit2: Also, Mordent, what do you think of this idea? https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=9182
I feel like you are correct in your interpretation. It all boils down to enjoyment though, just like you said.

I realize I'm a member of goonstation, and have some amount of social responsibility, and I try to uphold that. I've helped teach plenty of newbies how to run the engine or set up telescience or what have you. But I had fun and enjoyed doing it! I don't get the same enjoyment out of enforcing good RP. Especially since I'm no RP-saint myself, I'm probably not the best one for the job anyways
Not going to bother quoting, but you basically got it. I'm not "blaming" you, it's more of a case of "be the change you wish to see".

Over the weekend there were some absolutely fantastic rounds - and I say that as both someone who was playing in them and observing/admining them - driven by just a couple of the more veteran players with a surprising amount of solid play from newer players (some names I'm starting to see a lot more regularly on there!).

Sure, there will be off-rounds. Sometimes no admins will respond to your adminhelp. Keep adminhelping things that you think are against the rules. This includes "don't just go on a rampage, actually interact with the crew more than sticking them with a neurosting/sleepypen and murdering them". Sometimes you'll lack context - maybe you were killed by a cyborg because of an overzealous lawset upload, maybe you were killed by a traitor who's already killed a bunch "properly" and is looking to get the last couple before the shuttle gets here - but seriously, adminhelp issues. Even if we don't get to them right away, we can know to keep an eye on certain players in the future.

My recommendation for you people who have migrated to LLJK2 for its increased level of tomfoolery: consider logging in to LLJK1 for a bit when you inevitably get horribly murdered on LLJK2, at least until the round's over. Your presence does make a difference, and it beats just sitting around as a ghost on #2.
From a laymans perspective, #1 seems a bit of a corpse right now. Perhaps it's due to my timezones, but I have never seen it populated.

A more serious and/or active approach may be required to revitilize it. I can offer no suggestions.
(10-02-2017, 04:20 AM)Sundance Wrote: From a laymans perspective, #1 seems a bit of a corpse right now. Perhaps it's due to my timezones, but I have never seen it populated.

A more serious and/or active approach may be required to revitilize it. I can offer no suggestions.

Yeah, there really haven't been a lot of people on recently. It's like a self-perpetuating cycle.

How do we get more people to play? Do we host more events (à la Day of Destiny)? Do we advertise to people (how? to the Goon playerbase or the SS13 community - can I call it that? - at large?)? Do we need to try something new, or make changes or adjustments to LLJK1's current atmosphere or expected playstyle?
(10-02-2017, 05:06 AM)Flourish Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 04:20 AM)Sundance Wrote: From a laymans perspective, #1 seems a bit of a corpse right now. Perhaps it's due to my timezones, but I have never seen it populated.

Yeah, there really haven't been a lot of people on recently. It's like a self-perpetuating cycle.

How do we get more people to play? Do we host more events (à la Day of Destiny)? Do we advertise to people (how? to the Goon playerbase or the SS13 community - can I call it that? - at large?)? Do we need to try something new, or make changes or adjustments to LLJK1's current atmosphere or expected playstyle?

A combination of both would be my suggestion, as more DoD, and advertise them when they are being done. The first DoD was hugely popular. There was, what.. 60 people on the server at the time? More?

This could absolutely tie in with the DM planners. In-fact the OG suggestion for DM planners was to breathe some life into this, which would instead of having to code the ship moving, fighting with other ships, it could be done excusively by hand. I can't stress the importance of this. Right now, Destiny for all purposes just feels like a station..in the shape of a ship..that's been stranded. Even with a moderate population, the ship feels dead. There's no purpose, and roleplay (a major factor for destiny) feels forced when you are absolutely bored off your tits.
I have been traveling this past week and not playing at all but I'm back home so I'll typically be on EST evenings.

I think we do have some timezone mismatching on 1.
i dunno maybe make it less poo by having more stuff to do that capitalises on the whole "rp" part

like i dunno LLJK 1 exclusive random events and antags, that are still fun but are poo on LLJK 2 (like i dunno the nuke ops instead have a goal to keep everyone ALIVE if possible on the station, and instead secure everyone on-station using handcuffs or something, and use their ID + the captains, not spare ID on the comms computer to communicate with the syndicate and win the round. if someone dies however, the objective is failed and they get to do a normal nuke ops round, so suiciding is a dick move + leads to more death)

also in general more LLJK 1 exclusive stuff, i guess

P.S. i also appreciate how it's empty sometimes, because it lets sol nerds do their shit in peace