Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Realistic Hanging!
(03-17-2017, 01:31 PM)The Worst Wrote: Ryan, seriously. Nobody else is into the idea, and you're weirdly insistent about it being good. Please let it go.

you, atamusvaleo and the guy that only says fuck no without any reasoning or counter ideas are the only ones saying no.

Multiple other posts with idea on how to improve hangings. You've made your point, you don't like hangings on a 2D space game, but other people have different opinions.
(03-17-2017, 01:38 PM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 01:31 PM)The Worst Wrote: Ryan, seriously. Nobody else is into the idea, and you're weirdly insistent about it being good. Please let it go.

you, atamusvaleo and the guy that only says fuck no without any reasoning or counter ideas are the only ones saying no.

Multiple other posts with idea on how to improve hangings. You've made your point, you don't like hangings on a 2D space game, but other people have different opinions.
im saying no mostly cause you are too insistent and being rude about it
(03-17-2017, 01:45 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: im saying no mostly cause you are too insistent and being rude about it

People replying with just "fuck no" twice is also pretty rude.

I'd say voting no because the thread maker is being "rude" about it is also pretty rude.

It's an idea to improve a poorly designed feature on a game. Nothing more, nothing less.
fuck no, fuck this idea, fuck how fucked up it is, fuck everything, i hate it, what the fuck this game is supposed to be a bit lighthearted cmon keep suicide funny and comedic, deepfrying your face is fun, realistic hanging fuck no.
I don't think it's funny.

The amount of premeditation involved with it changes it from being a spontaneous shock gag to something meant solely to disturb. It's not ludicrous enough to be corny either.

The head on a spike thing is so over the top that it goes into the realm of absurdity. It also doesn't require any preparation other than grabbing a metal rod.

If you really want better hanging, add a gallows with a rope you can cut by shooting it so that there's more of a cartoon-y western vibe.

None of the pissing yourself stuff, Jesus.
No just no it just does not fit into goon i don't want to walk to bar and see a row of people hanging from the ceiling just NO
also too much god damm detail i just no im dont really care about things being too morbid i'm not creepped or scared or get disgusted from it but hanging and being this detailed nah man i don't like it at all saying this again i dont want to walk into a group of assistants floating over their puddles of piss nah man keep it the way it is it does not need to be anymore detailed i just do not like it and i think a lot of people dont like it too.

also the tl:dr for that is because its a me throwing up again im just saying no it does not fit into goon or i would like it
Eh, Hippie has nooses but for the most part they're left unused except when someone wants to kill themselves or hang somebody. It is possible to cut someone down though and stop them from dying with a pair of wirecutters, which I've been apt to do on Hippie because I like saving people.

That being said you can get pretty morbid with nooses, and there's probably racial connotations with hanging that make it more offensive to goonstation, at least when it comes to American History outside of criminals in the wild west getting hanged for murder and bank robberies or whatever.

I don't really care strongly either for or against nooses, and I feel like the electric chair is an more comical substitute. Plus it's harder to actually build because you need a sec helmet, which means rude people can't abuse it.

I think if you want to go morbid but less racial, perhaps being able to build your own stake would be better, since you can kinda do the same thing already with a stack of paper, a chair, and a pair of handcuffs. Inject somebody with thermite and you can burn all the suspected wizards you want.

I think OP's insistence on realism in hanging is weird though, possibly even creepy.

speak for yourself

i'm all for macabre shit
(03-17-2017, 11:12 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: I suggest we increase the brutality of this suicide. This is how I'd go about this. (Obviously I know very little about modding and creating content for goon so pipe up if you think what I'm asking for is a little bit too much for a suicide)

Okay!

(03-17-2017, 11:12 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: 1. Have the option to jump off of the chair, snapping our necks on the way down making for a much faster suicide.

Sure, whatever, not much different from putting your head under a chair and stomping on it over and over again.

(03-17-2017, 11:12 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: 2. Once hung by the neck, the body should slowly spin around ominously, every few seconds just turn in a direction to recreate hanging from the rope.

Alright, that's getting kind of unsettling, like an awkward silence after a badly executed joke. There's situations where I guess that'd be more, well, I wouldn't say funny. Morbid atmosphere, perhaps.

(03-17-2017, 11:12 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: 3. People shouldnt be able to just throw you on the floor, your necks attached to a rope ! To remove a hung body, you should have to cut the cable with something sharp.

I mean, alright, people already walk by dead bodies enough as it is, adding a barrier to letting people just waltz off with it seems counter intuitive, but whatever.

(03-17-2017, 11:12 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: 4. Puddle of piss on the floor, pretty self explanatory as very factual.

Oh.

Yeah this is factual but it's not funny and is kind of gross and a fucked up detail to emulate.

(03-17-2017, 11:12 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: 5. Visible cable/rope coming up from the neck?

I mean I guess there's possibility for spriting that but where the fuck is it tethered to

(03-17-2017, 11:12 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: 6. I suppose an option to suffocate without jumping and snapping your neck should be included, although all that happens now is you gasp and gasp and gasp until dead, there should be some serious thrashing around!! You're dying after all and perhaps are having second thoughts! Hanging someone is supposed to be incredibly distressing, not quiet and unnoticed.

jesus man this is a game where you can just hold your breath to die, this is an unwarranted amount of detail for a suicide

(03-17-2017, 11:12 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: 7. Chair should be kicked over onto the floor when hung/jumped off so it doesnt look like im just standing on it

you're gonna look like you're standing on it regardless i mean

(03-17-2017, 11:12 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: (secret number 8. LET US HANG OTHER PEOPLE! DEATH TO THE TRAITORS AND BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!)

yeah making other people writhe around dying painfully is a super cool idea and not at all a little fucked up

(03-17-2017, 11:12 AM)TheOnlyRyan Wrote: Thanks everyone, post your ideas and tell me how morbid I am.

I think I need to go to the hospital for all these cuts I got from how edgy this idea is.
i mean i think the pissing yourself part and thrashing is a little too much and i don't think the concept would suffer for its loss but come on. how is it any more painful or fucked up than cutting someone's heart out and feeding them it? or lighting them on fire and watching them burn to death? or injecting someone with sarin and watch people convulse violently on the ground and suffocate until the sweet release of death?
theres no need to get carried away with dogpiling on it. hes right that there is no shortage of gruesome ways to off oneself and others, purposefully and accidentally. but ive already given my criticism regarding how badly represented a hanging would be in a top-down 2d game. our roof is invisible, all our light fixtures are on the walls.
How about we just kill this thread now please, we don't need gruesome hanging/pissing oneself. Thanks.
A big 'no' here. Most SS13 methods of suicide are fanciful, crazy, or downright impossible. On the other hand some of us know people who have hanged themselves or know people that know people that have (my friend lost a co-worker this way a few weeks ago). It's a little too close to the mark.