Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
fun on other servers
So despite what I said, I gave CM a try. It's actually fucking hilarious to get into the RP, because you die so horribly as a marine, pretty much every time.

I've already had a few people ask me why I scream so much as well. What sucks is they have a cool-down for screaming frown

And I saw you on the battlefield, Misto! Good work with those barricades. I also saw Rain, and Telen Knatz. There was a Christopher Odd as well, but I couldn't be sure if he was ours.
(06-14-2017, 05:01 PM)Fishanchips Wrote: Part of the problem with CM is the pushing thing, yeah.

There was one round where the commander ordered the squads into the caves, no bases or anything and they pretty much curb-stomped the aliens.  Not even from the aliens losing a chance to evolve, there were just that many more marines to go around and kill things.

When did this happen, because I remember a alien round I played where this exact thing happened.
(06-14-2017, 05:51 PM)Boon Yoon Wrote: So despite what I said, I gave CM a try. It's actually fucking hilarious to get into the RP, because you die so horribly as a marine, pretty much every time.

I've already had a few people ask me why I scream so much as well. What sucks is they have a cool-down for screaming frown

And I saw you on the battlefield, Misto! Good work with those barricades. I also saw Rain, and Telen Knatz. There was a Christopher Odd as well, but I couldn't be sure if he was ours.
Yup, hes a player as well.

Dunno when the other thing happened, I just remembered the commander urging us on, screaming at the engineers to stop building shit and CHARGE THE ENEMY.  That round was pretty much a moving meat grinder of marines and aliens.

*EDIT* It was on the jungle planet, I believe.
(06-14-2017, 06:44 PM)Fishanchips Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 05:51 PM)Boon Yoon Wrote: So despite what I said, I gave CM a try. It's actually fucking hilarious to get into the RP, because you die so horribly as a marine, pretty much every time.

Yup, hes a player as well.

Dunno when the other thing happened, I just remembered the commander urging us on, screaming at the engineers to stop building shit and CHARGE THE ENEMY.  That round was pretty much a moving meat grinder of marines and aliens.

*EDIT* It was on the jungle planet, I believe.

Oh well it wasn't the round im thinking of, it was on the ice colony place. Same commander maybe?
Most likely.  I don't remember his name, but I know he was a regular and one of the few whitelisted for the CO position, so he probably just applied his tactics across different rounds/maps.  Most people just kinda ignore the all-out push approach, so its likely the same guy.
sometimes marines cant keep up the momentum of an early charge, get bogged down and split up. aliens are able to drag things out for hoouurs unless admins step in
I wish you dudes would use your goon names! I think I saved the life of shotgunbill last night, south of Hydro (though I probably killed him dragging him away). And I witnessed the death of Reginald Farting. I also was in a squad with a guy who turned out to be Pluto Nash.
(06-17-2017, 11:19 AM)Boon Yoon Wrote: I wish you dudes would use your goon names! I think I saved the life of shotgunbill last night, south of Hydro (though I probably killed him dragging him away). And I witnessed the death of Reginald Farting. I also was in a squad with a guy who turned out to be Pluto Nash.

saw you runnin around. I'd use my goon name but they banned me for using it. I think my run on CM is over though because i find myself craving mischief as time goes on, a good sign that its time to come home to where the farts are.
I like to play a doctor on CM, but kept running into a bug that made it unplayable. Maybe I'll try it out again!
(06-18-2017, 02:19 AM)Dions Wrote:
(06-17-2017, 11:19 AM)Boon Yoon Wrote: I wish you dudes would use your goon names! I think I saved the life of shotgunbill last night, south of Hydro (though I probably killed him dragging him away). And I witnessed the death of Reginald Farting. I also was in a squad with a guy who turned out to be Pluto Nash.

saw you runnin around. I'd use my goon name but they banned me for using it. I think my run on CM is over though because i find myself craving mischief as time goes on, a good sign that its time to come home to where the farts are.

they really are strict about their rules regarding names

most people didnt recognize the name orenthal simpson until one sharp-eyed admin caught me and made me change my name
Oh no! Why would Dions or Orenthal Simpson be bannable? Makes me worry about my name.

There seems to be some room for mischief though. Our SL got arrested by nerd MPs, so we did a stealth mission and broke him out. Then we kind of ignored our orders and went skinny dipping in Fitness. I died.
Yeah I can't roll out as Old Man Jenkins on CM frown
Fucking lame!
(06-18-2017, 10:03 AM)OMJ Wrote: Yeah I can't roll out as Old Man Jenkins on CM frown

I'd recognize Olman Jenkins
Oman Djanquince