Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
fun on other servers
besides goon, do you play on other servers? (please don't use this thread to bash/snarkily complain/be hostile towards other servers) 

i like to play on colonial marines sometimes

i think the rules as marines are too strict and unfun so i usually play as an alien.
I've never played on any server besides lljk2, mostly because I Find hard core RP unfun and it isn't easy to tell whats acceptable where.
I played for quite awhile on Bay, but eventually got bored of "3 hour rounds with pretty much nothing going on."

I also had a stint on Paradise Station but the number of cliques made is pretty boring most of the time.

CM is fun to hop onto once and awhile, there's actually a guy I remember from goonstation who was great HoS who plays there now. I don't mind the rules too much, they seem strict on paper but I've broken them on accident and never gotten bonked for it.

Generally if I play on Hippie I get bored after about 5 minutes of people screaming slurs as quickly as they can over the radio, but it can sometimes be fun.
I play on vg because i like rebuilding the derelict as a ghost drone and paradise because i like baymed.
I only play Goon and CM. CM's marine rules seem odd and some are pointless but alot of the out of place ones dont really seemed to enforced unless they are blatantly and publicly being broken.
One time i accidentally joined Citadel. It was surprisingly tame, but that non-Goon gameplay and graphical style was really jarring. I did have fun smashing light tubes and zapping myself near to death in the process. And the whole per-limb healing system was really interesting! Also some of the OCs looked kinda rad sometimes. In all, kind of a fun, if unexpected, field trip to another server!

I've been really wary about joining other servers. I've heard so many stories about edgelords on other servers pretending to be space racists against cats and lizards, going about it in kind of an uninspired way.
Enforced RP, pedantic administration and memes are the main reasons I avoid other servers. 99% of the servers I've visited have these to some degree so my experience with other servers is limited, but I'd love to hear about any good ones.
i've been playing on tg more than goon lately (cause goons really laggy sometimes for no reason). It's good cause it's not RP, but it also has some really interesting features, like xenobio, the way medical stuff works, cults, stuff like that, but the community is terrible. Space racists, regular racists, etc. Basically I just completely ignore the radio and it's fun.

Other than that, every other non-empty server is like, hard RP, which I get bored of after a while
(03-06-2017, 10:13 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: i've been playing on tg more than goon lately (cause goons really laggy sometimes for no reason). It's good cause it's not RP, but it also has some really interesting features, like xenobio, the way medical stuff works, cults, stuff like that, but the community is terrible. Space racists, regular racists, etc. Basically I just completely ignore the radio and it's fun.

Other than that, every other non-empty server is like, hard RP, which I get bored of after a while

i used to love xenobio on tg but i got bored of playing eugenicist to get adamantine slimes 

i like their surgery system a lot, though. it's very indepth and gives medical doctors actual things to do
I got banned, bay I think but it could've been para when I was incredibly bored one day. I RP'd as a very senior near senile janitor who followed around one of the orange catmen and called him Garfield. There's more to the story, but I'd rather not derail this thread to becoming "how I got banned from other servers"

I play on hippie, very sporadically as I feel they don't really have the balance right just yet.

Couldn't get into CM, everything was too jarring, but I thought the general idea was good.
i have played on multiple servers but dont play on them anymore for some reasons mostly because they getting boring after multiple rounds on them

there was yog that i started on but i left after some time and landed on hippie and hippie back then was better than it is now and i dont play on it because its just people murdering and shouting slurs i dont mind they the sluirs but its just not what it used to be

after being banned there (not anymore but thats not a story that i will tell) i took a break and after the break i played on tg but it got really boring after the rounds started to be almost the same thing and i started to test other servers wich landed me on goon and i like it here

also cm wich i might play sometimes its ok but sometimes its boring and para wich is a big eeeh from me

there is vg that i have not played that much and ftl that is ok and refreshing
I've been playing on FTL13 recently, which I found to be pretty nice. The only thing is that at the moment, few of the jobs have anything spaceship-related to do; although that'll probably change as more stuff is added.

One feature I really like about tg-based servers is the cooperation between departments, especially between Science, Robotics and Mining.

I rather like the surgery system on CM, but I'm kinda turned off by the slow movement and even slower pace of rounds.
I've been playing on Yogstation recently and found it pretty fun. Lots of funny little non-admin rounds with a large number of antags/crew/cyborg modules and all sorts of other things.
after playing on cm a couple more times, as both a hoomon and an alien ive grown to enjoy it

only thing though is that rounds are very long. it's not unusual for them to go on for about an hour and a half to two hours. 

i think i saw rickie basinger there, too
i sometimes accidentally wind up on other server. one time i bumbled around as an assistant and got killed by some weird nazi looking hos/warden guy. then i got respawned as some kind of centcom turds type killteam with other players to cleanse the station. that warden guy tried to make nice with us, claiming he was loyal and all, but the killteam leader guy said blast him anyways, so that was nice. i have no idea what sort of gamemode if any this was supposed to be.

that fallout server had an ok basic premise and some ok sprites but was a cramped shitshow otherwise