Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
fun on other servers
Yeah I ghosted a couple hours and it's pacing is way too slow for someone who mains goon. It felt like somebody was directing a crappy, serious take of starship troopers. I'll give em' props for doing something different, anyways.
theyve done some cool stuff. working sentry turret things that marines can set up. you can tip over tables for cover too and it knocks the stuff off the table. too bad i cant tell if it gives any cover from their ranged spitting attacks and all the xenos seem to be able to smack all tables apart in a swipe or two and the current meta there seems to center around rhino things that charge thru them all easily.

and a suit storage slot that your gun slings into

its also too bad that byond/ss13 is a generally terrible platform for combat mechanics because theyve got a lot of love and effort there
CM can be fun but it's best not to get too involved because the admins are giant sperglords.
i am so fucking bad at CM it's incredible.
u guys should ask if u can borrow the table tipping code, its real neato

if they demand something in exchange im sure goonstation has a wealth of cool good stuff that they, too, would benefit from
(05-29-2017, 11:06 AM)misto Wrote: u guys should ask if u can borrow the table tipping code, its real neato

if they demand something in exchange im sure goonstation has a wealth of cool good stuff that they, too, would benefit from

Why would we need to borrow it? We can make our own

Also with the prevalence of using tables as a way to block people from easily breaking into places? Fuck no.
you can always have it so reinforced tables are too heavy to tip unless youre a hulk or something, as theyre the only tables that serve as a significant obstacle. regular tables are defeated by a humble wrench nearly instantly. but lets not get the thread too off track
i don't have a good IC name for cm since old man jenkins isn't acceptable there
Manne "Old" Jenkins
ive been visiting colonial marines fairly often recently and have been active on their forums trying to help them improve with more patented good ideas. they can be a little stubborn... but sometimes i manage to get through to them smile

their deployable turrets and tripod machineguns are interesting toys, and their scoped rifles/boiler bombard power that let you shift/zoom out your byond square to try to shoot at targets far away are neato, i never would have guessed that was a possible feature.

too bad about the game being disgustingly unbalanced to the point that being on alien team feels like almost always eazy mode to the point that the admins seem to respawn a bunch of dead people as human mercenaries almost every round just to give the alien team something to rip apart, and non combatant jobs being preposterously dull and near-pointless until the aliens hijack a plane and crash it into your space ship to slaughter you
Part of the problem with that is marines are terminally afraid of pushing. All too often they just hide in a central location, or send in small patrols that get picked off one by one.
(06-14-2017, 09:55 AM)Berrik Wrote: Part of the problem with that is marines are terminally afraid of pushing. All too often they just hide in a central location, or send in small patrols that get picked off one by one.

Just like in a horror film!
My problem with CM is that the round pacing is all screwed to hell. I can wait around for 30+ minutes doing very little (apart from some boring forced RP) charge into combat, and get killed in 30 seconds. It's really not my sort of server, honestly.

The same could really be said of most of the other RP servers I've tried. The pacing is glacial, the action is either low-key or non-existent, and the RP nature of the server means there's a huge number of annoying artificial restrictions on how you can play. Again, it's probably my own taste really.
oh god they actually have it coded in that it gives u bonus cargo points if u stamp the paperwork and put it in a crate on the cargo shuttle. why

ive been trying being a squad engineer and its comparatively ok because u get to set up a turret that has better aim than you and then build a little fort for your marine friends to hide in and people rarely order you to charge in and die early on
Part of the problem with CM is the pushing thing, yeah.

There was one round where the commander ordered the squads into the caves, no bases or anything and they pretty much curb-stomped the aliens.  Not even from the aliens losing a chance to evolve, there were just that many more marines to go around and kill things.