Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Major Several Chemical Reactions are Misbehaving
The ones I know of:
  • Potassium and Water is scaling with volume when it's not supposed to, giving these explosions the power to break windows and walls
  • Barium and Water, same as above
  • Oil isn't combusting or turning to Ash when heated on a reagent heater, even at temperatures as high as 800 degrees
Similar reactions may also be affected, but simple mixture reactions are definitely working properly.
(03-02-2017, 05:38 AM)CameronWoof Wrote:
  • Oil isn't combusting or turning to Ash when heated on a reagent heater, even at temperatures as high as 800 degrees

I remember seeing this a while ago but didn't think anything of it because heating further eventually caused it to react. It was a much higher temperature than I expected and that the wiki listed, but it definitely was do-able on the reagent heater (somewhere between 800-1000 degrees, I would imagine based on the above).

Whether it should be that high is a different discussion.
Is there an upper limit on the scaling of the potassium-water and barium-water reactions?
The "heat paper in a beaker to get ash you doofus" protip thing I've had suggested to me is also nonfunctional. I'm not 100% sure it was ever a thing, but it absolutely is not a thing now.
Oil burns at around 880 now. Paper, well, I haven't really heard anything about heating paper-reagent. Setting pieces of paper on fire and scooping up the ashes is what usually happens.
Maybe an intentional nerf - or just me doing it wrong somehow?

I can no longer get LDM to apply to floor tiles for awesome hell foams like I could long ago
It seems to be just LDM and Sorium on that end. Applying beakers of them to the floor 20 times a piece did nothing.
I've been missing for a while, but is the fact that smoke no longer penetrates walls related to this?
(03-03-2017, 07:25 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I've been missing for a while, but is the fact that smoke no longer penetrates walls related to this?

That seems more like a feature to me. I prefer smoke not being able to do this.
(03-03-2017, 08:02 AM)Firebarrage Wrote:
(03-03-2017, 07:25 AM)Noah Buttes Wrote: I've been missing for a while, but is the fact that smoke no longer penetrates walls related to this?

That seems more like a feature to me. I prefer smoke not being able to do this.

It's also accompanied by a significant slowdown in the rate at which tiles are actually affected by the smoke.

Instead of applying the smoke instantly to all tiles in range, it kind of spreads outwards from the point of ignition with some delay between each tile.

This very well might be a feature, but, since I can't find any changelog entries or other sources mentioning this change, I'm inclined to think it's not functioning as intended.
There are a lot of changes that never get mentioned in the changelog. Sometimes this is accidental, frequently it's deliberate. There's a second changelog for things not to be seen by player eyes.
(03-03-2017, 09:34 AM)Cirrial Wrote: There are a lot of changes that never get mentioned in the changelog. Sometimes this is accidental, frequently it's deliberate. There's a second changelog for things not to be seen by player eyes.

staredog

stuff ain't mentioned because people won't notice or we are lazy