Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cardboard box
(02-03-2017, 07:45 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Gonna *try* to make a basic sprite of a player hiding in a bush. By copying the bush sprite and sticking arms and legs and eyes on it.

Made this very simple thing. Need to add side and back views maybe and tweak it later.

[Image: Man_in_bush.png]

I have nothing to contribute except refering to this scene from The Stupids, which is one of the greatest dumb movies ever.

Not the type of man bush I'm used to seeing on the internet.
I should make a to-do list of sprites to make. I can practice my spritery. I'll be continuing work on the bush thing. I'll just make an outer suit for when the player is moving. No clue how to make the player sprite (but not the bush sprite) invisible when not moving. Well, maybe a clue? Dunno...

Okay made the suit. Hands, head, and feet visible (Minus the hands when facing North)

I'll practice my BYOND shit coding later. Maybe. I may be occupied.

I'll upload the 4 images to dropbox since imgur is blocked on school computers.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s8iuxbyfa2c9ht...e.dmi?dl=0
What if the bush had a little tool tip icon that you clicked to make you look like a normal bush as the method? Almost like a chameleon projector without he sound effect or blue flash when changing. It would just deactivate itself when you moved.
That could work. I'm no skilled programmer though, so... Yeah. I'm practicing my BYOND wizardry at school but I'm still pretty bad... I can't get a server clock properly running in actual seconds. I get close but due to BYOND millisecond measurements it's all janky and only somewhat accurate.
(02-08-2017, 03:11 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Not the type of man bush I'm used to seeing on the internet.

Cackling Aloud With Gusto

i think it'd be more neat if initially it only showed someone's eyes or whatever eyewear that theyre wearing

and then if they or someone shook the bush up their arms and legs would be visible so as not to make hiding in bushes worthless
Well if you're standing still/activate some sort of button in the top left then you'll just have the bush sprite and be blind. If you're moving or deactivate the button then you'll be revealed but you can see and actually interact with things.

Also movement speed is locked to walk while wearing the bush.
so realistically how difficult would this be to implement
I'd imagine not that difficult. Just maybe 50 lines of code. I guess.