Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cardboard box
if someone is wearing a cardboard box then examine and mouseover text should just give the standard cardboard box text without any indication there's a person inside

i wanna pull off some metal gear solid shit with these and right now people just magically know you're in there that's bull
the animal/avian qm crates should be able to be turned over and become additional cardboard boxes
(02-02-2017, 09:11 PM)misto Wrote: the animal/avian qm crates should be able to be turned over and become additional cardboard boxes

Yeah. There really needs to be more boxes that look like that to make using it as a disguise work better
Make it so we can use crates, lockers and boxes to move around. Upside: Noone knows you are inside. Downside: You can't pick anything up without exiting your disguise.
there should also be a bush outerwear thing that works like old timey cartoons

basically your head arms and legs are visible when moving and get tucked in when not moving
Gonna *try* to make a basic sprite of a player hiding in a bush. By copying the bush sprite and sticking arms and legs and eyes on it.

Made this very simple thing. Need to add side and back views maybe and tweak it later.

[Image: Man_in_bush.png]
okay so now that I get to look at it more, it's preeeeetty shit! I'll try to make it look at least somewhat good. The feet look great but the arms are shit. Maybe while in a bush you can't actually use your arms, so I'll remove the arms. Also I'll make the eye area less square.

EDIT:

I'm an idiot and I've barely used DM. I realized that I can simply make the bush be an outer suit that will change state while moving. Though some special stuff will have to be coded to change the mob name to bush, and I have *no* clue how to do that.
maybe take a look at the code that makes ppl be "unknown"s

of course, if youre a real stealth pro, youd get a custom id made with the name cardboard box or bush
I like my cardboard boxes and support them turning up in more places.
(02-03-2017, 07:45 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Gonna *try* to make a basic sprite of a player hiding in a bush. By copying the bush sprite and sticking arms and legs and eyes on it.

Made this very simple thing. Need to add side and back views maybe and tweak it later.

[Image: Man_in_bush.png]

Small suggestion: use negative space (transparent areas) for the arms, feet, and eyes instead of actual limbs pasted over the bush. This was if folks are wearing different clothes, goggles, skin tone, eye color, etc it will show up. 

Basically, I want to be able to paint myself and my mindslaves green and RP as a shrubbery.
(02-03-2017, 07:45 AM)aft2001 Wrote: [Image: Man_in_bush.png]

Why not just make the eyes show?
Yeah I tried working on that. I have a big robotics thing tomorrow so I can't continue spriting. Also, the feet will show if they stand still so that'll be a major issue...
obviously the head should pop out comically, not merely just the eyes
Should also play the sound effect from shaking a bush while moving
Now Jones can be the tank he always wanted to be.

[Image: cat-tank-o.gif]