Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
(04-16-2017, 08:16 PM)elan_oots Wrote: Even if you don't like the change, it doesn't warrant a page-long post filled with expletives directed at the people that run the server we play on. That's... kind of concerning. This is a 15 year old pixellated spaceman game, not real life.

This.

Having caught up on the recent posts in here, I have to say that I expected this thread to go poorly, but not THIS poorly.  I get that there are quite a lot of people in here that are upset that this change was put in.  I get that people don't like feeling like their opinions and suggestions have been ignored.  That does not warrant the shitty attitudes I've been seeing in here.

(04-14-2017, 11:57 AM)Musketman12 Wrote: We participated in almost 15-20 pages of reasonable discussion being engaged in for multiple months only to be told "hahahahahha no". Noah said what had to be said to knock some sense into Grayshift, you try not being pissed off when your opinion about something you love is just discarded. So unless you have something to contribute or actual constructive criticism, screw off with just calling the other side children.

I don't know what in the world prompted that huge post from Noah but it was not "what had to be said to knock some sense into Grayshift" in the slightest.  It was disconcertingly abusive.  If you think that's an acceptable level of response to discussion about things in SS13 making you slower when you drag them and being more inconvenient to move then please take a step back from the computer and think about how you respond to things.

(04-13-2017, 10:40 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I appreciate the apology but cannot resist putting in my two cents by saying your tone towards basically everyone here was (previously) fucking trash and I'm glad Noah raked you across the coals for it.

I've seen people say that Grayshift had some shitty or elitist tone, both here and in IRC.  What exactly are you talking about?  Him getting annoyed?  Y'all have been annoyed at him since page 1.  If you guys are allowed to be annoyed, so is he.  Him saying he didn't think any major changes were coming?  That was not him saying "hahaha owned fuckers I wasted your time, yolo bitch, polls are for suckers" like some people seem to think it was.  It was him saying that he hadn't yet seen suggestions he wanted to implement.  If you disagree with him, fine.  But don't disagree like a shithead.
Plus, you damned well shouldn't be glad about Noah's post.  See above.

(04-14-2017, 01:06 PM)69andahalf Wrote: Jesus, talk about taking the moral high ground and trying to diminish discussion around a major change that, based on the poll and posts, a lot of people were unsure about. But who am I kidding, of course it was just 362 posts of children arguing, because I liked it!

I'm not going to say how atamusvaleo phrased that post was the wisest way to do so, but come on dude.  "Moral high ground"?  "Trying to diminish discussion"?  He was saying to calm down.  I'm saying that too.  Everybody calm down.  There has been a hell of a lot of vitriol in this thread.  Was it all really justified?

I get that SS13 and Goonstation mean a lot to some people.  It sure means a lot to me, for reasons some of you guys know.  I've gotten into heated arguments over it before.  That doesn't mean I look back on said arguments and think "boy that was sure a good use of energy and time, gettin all mad about that thing."

Remember: this is a free video game on the internet.  The coders work on this as a hobby in their spare time.  We try to work with you guys on this stuff.  Sometimes we don't take your suggestions.  Does this change, Grayshift's response, any of this, really warrant people's attitudes in this thread?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it! - by Haine - 04-17-2017, 10:45 AM