Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
(04-14-2017, 07:35 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Holy shit.  :eyepop:

I thought it was fine when it was first implemented: still think it's fine. I was content with letting these kids scream and holler for a while but this is ridiculous now. Do some breathing exercises, go for a run, flaggelate yourself, whatever you need to do to relieve that pent up stress.  :fap:

I am one of those folks who fully supports this change.  Here's to us!
We participated in almost 15-20 pages of reasonable discussion being engaged in for multiple months only to be told "hahahahahha no". Noah said what had to be said to knock some sense into Grayshift, you try not being pissed off when your opinion about something you love is just discarded. So unless you have something to contribute or actual constructive criticism, screw off with just calling the other side children.

I thought it was fine when it was first implemented: still think it's fine. I was content with letting these kids scream and holler for a while but this is ridiculous now. Do some breathing exercises, go for a run, flaggelate yourself, whatever you need to do to relieve that pent up stress.  :fap:

Jesus, talk about taking the moral high ground and trying to diminish discussion around a major change that, based on the poll and posts, a lot of people were unsure about. But who am I kidding, of course it was just 362 posts of children arguing, because I liked it!
I too enjoy the change, so I'm one of those people that doesn't want it reverted. I'm all for compromising, pointing out the errors in implementation, and working towards something that satisfying for everyone
i'm welcome to this change honestly it's kinda cool
fuck stamina fix that

i agree with omj

I'm not even going to bother repeating what Musketman12 and 69andahalf already said, they said it well enough. GET OUT
(04-13-2017, 09:38 AM)Grayshift Wrote: There's not going to be any punishment, man. I'm concerned for you, not offended for myself.

I don't really know what to say besides thank you.

That means a lot to me.
This thread should be renamed to a series of bad choices, exaggerations and overreactions.
I initially opposed the change, but I've grown to accept it. If people didn't get so pissy, it could lead to some more cooperation and use of parts of the station that aren't used a lot (Belt hell, cargo tractor, forklift). Even if you don't like the change, it doesn't warrant a page-long post filled with expletives directed at the people that run the server we play on. That's... kind of concerning. This is a 15 year old pixellated spaceman game, not real life.

I'm all for communicating our opinions about the changes, but we need to respect the fact that the admins and coders are who are ultimately responsible for the direction in which the game goes, for better or for worse.

With that being said, there are a lot of very reasonable ideas that have been posted here that should be considered.
I kinda like the change, it makes things feel heavier and forces me to plan a bit for dragging people to medbay. I personally like changes that introduce a new set of strategies.
(04-13-2017, 04:19 PM)Grayshift Wrote: Sprinting has been adjusted to be high-speed over a short distance while pulling, for those brief intra-departmental crate shuffles.

Side bonus, it's now more effective against cold and other slowing effects too.

So after playing a few rounds and getting used to this addition to the change I wanted to say I'm happy now and Thank you for making this rework to the change as well. It's perfect.
If you consider a majority of this as level headed discussion, then you should consider reassessing your view on civil discourse. A majority of these posts have been people berating the admins for disagreeing with them and throwing a fit because they don't like change.

I didn't contribute to the thread earlier because I was fine with the changes implemented and didn't feel this thread needed anything more than the occasional post saying "hey this item was overlooked, please fix it," which... oh hey what do you know... that is the name of the thread too!

You all snowballed this thread and took it upon yourselves to assume you could get this change rolled back. The polls were put in place after you all asked and the results showed what I, at least, figured it would: the people moaning over wanting it reverted would vote against it while everyone else would fall in the line of "this new change needs ironing out."

Moral high ground? What? After the wall of "fuck you," I guess anything positive looks like an attempt at being moral in some way? Maybe. What? I'm still not sure that moral superiority applies to a post calling people KIDS because I assume I'm older than they are.

Why I Support It

It works as intended.

It doesn't drastically affect gameplay, despite the comments of these fine upstanding citizens (is that a better?)

Everything it effects has a workaround.

It adds a little flavor to the gameplay. Gone are the days of chasing someone for ten minutes as they pull someone or something away from you at full speed and I'm thankful for it.
(04-16-2017, 08:16 PM)elan_oots Wrote: Even if you don't like the change, it doesn't warrant a page-long post filled with expletives directed at the people that run the server we play on. That's... kind of concerning. This is a 15 year old pixellated spaceman game, not real life.

This.

Having caught up on the recent posts in here, I have to say that I expected this thread to go poorly, but not THIS poorly.  I get that there are quite a lot of people in here that are upset that this change was put in.  I get that people don't like feeling like their opinions and suggestions have been ignored.  That does not warrant the shitty attitudes I've been seeing in here.

(04-14-2017, 11:57 AM)Musketman12 Wrote: We participated in almost 15-20 pages of reasonable discussion being engaged in for multiple months only to be told "hahahahahha no". Noah said what had to be said to knock some sense into Grayshift, you try not being pissed off when your opinion about something you love is just discarded. So unless you have something to contribute or actual constructive criticism, screw off with just calling the other side children.

I don't know what in the world prompted that huge post from Noah but it was not "what had to be said to knock some sense into Grayshift" in the slightest.  It was disconcertingly abusive.  If you think that's an acceptable level of response to discussion about things in SS13 making you slower when you drag them and being more inconvenient to move then please take a step back from the computer and think about how you respond to things.

(04-13-2017, 10:40 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I appreciate the apology but cannot resist putting in my two cents by saying your tone towards basically everyone here was (previously) fucking trash and I'm glad Noah raked you across the coals for it.

I've seen people say that Grayshift had some shitty or elitist tone, both here and in IRC.  What exactly are you talking about?  Him getting annoyed?  Y'all have been annoyed at him since page 1.  If you guys are allowed to be annoyed, so is he.  Him saying he didn't think any major changes were coming?  That was not him saying "hahaha owned fuckers I wasted your time, yolo bitch, polls are for suckers" like some people seem to think it was.  It was him saying that he hadn't yet seen suggestions he wanted to implement.  If you disagree with him, fine.  But don't disagree like a shithead.
Plus, you damned well shouldn't be glad about Noah's post.  See above.

(04-14-2017, 01:06 PM)69andahalf Wrote: Jesus, talk about taking the moral high ground and trying to diminish discussion around a major change that, based on the poll and posts, a lot of people were unsure about. But who am I kidding, of course it was just 362 posts of children arguing, because I liked it!

I'm not going to say how atamusvaleo phrased that post was the wisest way to do so, but come on dude.  "Moral high ground"?  "Trying to diminish discussion"?  He was saying to calm down.  I'm saying that too.  Everybody calm down.  There has been a hell of a lot of vitriol in this thread.  Was it all really justified?

I get that SS13 and Goonstation mean a lot to some people.  It sure means a lot to me, for reasons some of you guys know.  I've gotten into heated arguments over it before.  That doesn't mean I look back on said arguments and think "boy that was sure a good use of energy and time, gettin all mad about that thing."

Remember: this is a free video game on the internet.  The coders work on this as a hobby in their spare time.  We try to work with you guys on this stuff.  Sometimes we don't take your suggestions.  Does this change, Grayshift's response, any of this, really warrant people's attitudes in this thread?
(04-12-2017, 08:45 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: FUCK YOU!???????????????????????????

Well done! You have sent sensible discussion and common sense out the airlock!

That whole response was uncalled for. I wonder if you simply insulted people to prove a point or if you were angry for the whole 10-20 minutes writing that cesspool.
One is bad for the argument, the other is for you.

Grayshift was fine, It definitely does not warrant attacking them like you did (Nor do i think he needed to apologize but I guess nobody besides Noah wanted this thread to become a warzone). 

You are just desperate that the change is reverted an exaggerating it like I have no idea what could possibly warrant such a response. 

The opinion differences are amazing though, some act like it fully changed the game and is the equivalent of being tortured. Some, like me do not mind the change so much, because like atamusvaleo said: It doesn't drastically affect game play.
Hm? Smart thing for me to do would be to keep my thoughts to myself, like I have been. Luckily I'm not that smart.

Noah had an emotional outburst. It's an outburst I expected from somebody. It was building. It was coming. All in all it got resolved quickly. Quicker than I expected. Changes were made. People calmed down. Ed even called it perfect. Twice. It was pretty much over.

Why can't you guys just let it go? Not respond? Not stoke the flames? I'm being a bit of a hypocrite here, but the best way to counter an inflammatory post is to not respond in kind. Or at all, really.

Anyways, to actually be OT: I love the new alterations; especially the side-benefit to cold environment. Crates are much more manageable too.
Just saying people seemed to be calmed down before Haine and atamusvaleo made posts telling people to calm down.

Hell even Wonk remarked that everyone seemed calmer after Noah's post.

(04-13-2017, 06:19 AM)Wonkmin Wrote: However, rational discussion and justification can result in beneficial changes for the playerbase. Now that everyone seems calmer, let's work out some good common grounds.

So you guys are kinda late we've been calm.

(04-17-2017, 11:53 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Ed even called it perfect. Twice. It was pretty much over.

I'll say it a third time. It's perfect.