Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
(02-16-2017, 10:13 AM)Sundance Wrote: Player cuffed: Minor. Doesn't matter if they are on the ground or not, cuffing them will negate this.
Player Straightjacketed: Same as above.
Player buckled into moving chair or suggested gurney: Same as above
Obese player: Major, you fat fuck.

This for the love of god please do this. It would still cut down on instant kidnapping since antags would need cuffs to negate some of the slow down. It would also make playing Security easier and manageable as well.
(02-16-2017, 05:37 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: This for the love of god please do this. It would still cut down on instant kidnapping since antags would need cuffs to negate some of the slow down. It would also make playing Security easier and manageable as well.

Getting cuffs has never been very hard.

Though since no one remembers to use the port-a-brig why not just make it so sec has port-a-cuffs that, after the officer smacks 'em with their ID, teleports people to the nearest security booth for processing after a delay provided the prisoner doesn't move. Toss a computer in security that controls the destinations so antags and such can mess with its destinations and delay time. Could also make it so the freedom implant has an upgrade that lets the traitor get teleported to a beacon they've set up ahead of time instead of to a booth. With out the security ID the cuffs would just be regular cuffs.

Alternatively add a material to mining that's got antigravity properties and makes things floaty. Or people who swap their legs out with treads don't have to worry about this. Or get some highend wheelie cyberlegs or something. Be worthwhile to allow sec officers to start with sweet cyberlegs if this were the case.
(02-16-2017, 06:57 PM)RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote: Though since no one remembers to use the port-a-brig

I have mention my issues with the port-a-brig since this change multiple times in this thread and I believe Sundance has as well.

Here's most of the issues with the port-a-brig posted in this thread.

(02-12-2017, 09:24 PM)Grifflez Wrote: The port-a-brig is often forgotten by a security officer AND god help anyone that has to arrest more then one person.

(02-13-2017, 03:02 AM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(02-12-2017, 09:52 PM)Boon Yoon Wrote: The speed for dragging people has pretty dire implications for playing sec. And before anyone says anything, fuck the port-a-brig.

This is my main concern as I play nothing but Security. You can say use the port a brig but I still have to get them to a place so I can grab my PDA, Open the window, call the port-a-brig, throw them in it and lock it, then go back to my PDA and send it back. That can take more then a few seconds and alot can happen in a few seconds. Such a easy task has now been made considerably harder. If you are trying to give more reasons to not play security you are doing a great job at that.

(02-14-2017, 01:31 AM)Sundance Wrote: I agree that turbo pulling is heck annoying, but resolving it with port-a-whatevers isnt going to be enough and in the end I can imagine this just making medical and security grumpy. Ive made my suggestion regarding this already.

Also I've been using the port-a-brig religiously since we could summon it with the PDA.

(02-16-2017, 06:57 PM)RAWK_LAWBSTAR Wrote: Alternatively add a material to mining that's got antigravity properties and makes things floaty. Or people who swap their legs out with treads don't have to worry about this. Or get some highend wheelie cyberlegs or something. Be worthwhile to allow sec officers to start with sweet cyberlegs if this were the case.

I do like this idea though as it would give me more of a reason to enhance myself during a round.
To expand; my reasoning for the behavior cuffed players is as follows:
- it takes some weight of secs shoulders. Using the port-a-brig isnt always ideal, and some security don't always like using it (I was never truly a fan of instant teleport stuff outside research and the remote teleporter)
- it STILL has a slowdown. What this means is if you are dragging a cuffed player, someone chasing you will always catch up (in most scenarios)
- its not ideal for vamps/changelings. Their behavior is "snatch and grab", meaning once a player is downed, they immediately pull and sprint to the nearest maint/airlock. They're not going to wait to cuff someone unless they're super confident nothing will untoward will happen.
- The cuffs pull has viable alternatives for those who don't want to raid sec/poke beepsky. Roller chairs/beds, carts, straightjackets, the suggested gurney will all behave the same.
Rather than making someone wearing treads easier to drag, how about making someone with cyborg arms/legs (not the light ones) have an easier time pulling things?

Standard cyborg arms (not light ones) or legs (again, not light ones) could act as per Musculature Enhancement, with cyborg treads giving you another boost (not got to Hulk since the changes yet, but maybe both standard arms and treads could get you to that?).

Alternatively, as at that point you basically are a cyborg, standard arms plus treads could mean no slowdown, as per cyborgs? This would definitely encourage people to stop by robotics more often.
^^ why not both options?
Actually, even currently someone with threads would be easy to pull due to the fact they're constantly standing.

Having robot arms and/or legs should definitely give you a buff to pulling.
Maybe add motor oil or something (those red oil cans for borgs) to anything with wheels to remove the speed penalty. Like, apply some to a gurney and then you can run at full speed with it. Not realistic but it'd be nice to be able to quickly bring people to Medbay and stuff (and yes I know the port-a-medbay is back but hush)
Treads naturally make you go faster. And pulling depends on your speed. So meth + treads + hulk + mech boots = super pulling speed.
Canisters should probably be moved up to medium, or there should be some quicker way of transporting canisters around. Setting up the engine/refilling bombed-out areas takes forever, and it's often easier to call the shuttle than actually deal with those problems.
(02-17-2017, 10:36 AM)Roomba Wrote: Canisters should probably be moved up to medium, or there should be some quicker way of transporting canisters around. Setting up the engine/refilling bombed-out areas takes forever, and it's often easier to call the shuttle than actually deal with those problems.

This was a major concern of mine too, as these things involve lots of shuffling canisters around
Especially in the engine where some areas get to be serious bottlenecks and you can't always afford to scoot onto the other side and push it
how about we can pick up canisters with both hands? They have a friggin handle ya know
a tool for transporting canisters exists inside the seldom-used engi borg toolset. it kind of sucks the canister inside the borg magically and lets it poop it out later. good for setting fires. maybe human engineers could obtain a version of it?
I didn't have problems setting up the engine. It was a tad slower, but not enough to care. Unless they were made 'heavier' since I last tried.

Re-pressurizing would be a problem, though. In that case I think it's more about our options, though. Dragging an air canister to an area and opening it up shouldn't be the best option.

I really want those air trees, dang it.
Are cannisters not able to be lifted by the forklifts? How about cargo carts?
let us roll the canisters they're round