Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
hi i would like to report pulling the port-a-puke is very slow now and its hard to be a traitor with it

thank
also the mule got its speed lowered again somehow return it to fast so I can hack it and make a DOOM MULE
(02-15-2017, 12:04 AM)poland spring Wrote: also the mule got its speed lowered again somehow return it to fast so I can hack it and make a DOOM MULE

I gotta say, I do love the return to seeing Mule's running around. During Assday I shot the CE while they were getting ready to gas the station and during the kerfufflefle the MULE came in and ran over their goddamn body and it was hilarious
we observed a useful function of mules today lads. mules seem to have all access, so you can ride them right into and out of security/wherever else there is a mule dropoff point
(02-14-2017, 11:32 PM)zewaka Wrote: hi i would like to report pulling the port-a-puke is very slow now and its hard to be a traitor with it

thank

this probably applies to the borging chamber too
i want mules to go so fast i dont even see them run over people they're just at the dropoff point with miles of bloody tracks behind them
using the exercie machines at the gym should make u pull thing faster :3
Based on my brief time playing last night, it seems that cyborgs are not affected by these changes (i.e. they still pull things at normal speeds). I'm actually reasonably okay with this, as it gives them something a bit unique (and being a glorified MULE is entertaining). I found I was actually able to contribute to work in robotics by moving crates around more effectively than the roboticist, letting them get on with carving out brains or whatever.

I figure it's worth highlighting and getting thoughts on, but am for keeping it as it is (for now, at least).
Our borgs look like the typical retro-scifi hydraulic robbits, so it makes sense really. Doesn't bother me from a gameplay aspect. If borgs are rogue I have more to worry about than a little hoot-n-crush.
On a robotics related note, the medibots and securitrons and such should probably have a higher pull speed, they have wheels and aren't especially large.
(02-15-2017, 10:05 AM)Mordent Wrote: it seems that cyborgs are not affected by these changes

was in the changelog
(02-15-2017, 12:34 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(02-15-2017, 10:05 AM)Mordent Wrote: it seems that cyborgs are not affected by these changes

was in the changelog

I meant it more "please keep it this way" than "oh, they just haven't done it yet".
I just reset my password to say that this is a dumb change, also the port-a-puke is slow to drag and should be faster
Perhaps a big concise list of what's draggable and what limit we should put on those?

I retract my previous stance about pick-up-able objects having no drag limit, from observing ingame it seems to be fairly balanced in that it's of not much notice, and most players don't really drag pick-up-able objects in the first place; cyborgs do, and they are uneffected by this.

So, the list of objects:

Small/medium/pick-up-able objects: Minor
Carts of all shapes and sizes: Minor (same speed as above), due to wheels
Tanks (fuel, etc): Minor  (same speed as above), due to wheels. Consider players need to use this to fight the blob.
Port-a-puke: Minor (same speed as above), due to balance
Roller bed/blood pack holder thingy (sp): Minor (same speed as above), due to wheels. Consider using this AT ALL if it's considerably slow.
Chairs and stools: Minor (same speed as above), former due to wheels, latter due to weight.
Mop bucket: Minor (same  speed as above)
Meteor shield: Minor (same speed as above). I always imagine these things to be fairly light for some reason.
Portable reclaimer: Minor, (same speed as above). due to wheels.
Robuddies/bots: Minor, (same speed as above) due to wheels.
Port-a-med: Minor (it floats!)
George the dog/bees: Minor, the former is a good boy, the latter is because they float!
Crates/coffins: Medium slowdown.
Other mobs outside bees and george: Medium. You cant take a cat for a walk.
Janitors buffer (when not in it): Medium slowdown. Would stop the janitors buffer being snatched so easily.
Clown car: Medium, for same reason as above
Lockers: Medium slowdown.
Engineering stuff (spaceheaters, pumps, scrubbers, ABC-U etc): Medium slowdown
Port-a-brig: Medium Slowdown (use it correctly!)
Hydrophonics tray/infared light (totally not infrared, i forget what spectrum): Medium Slowdown.
Canisters: Major slowdown (Encourage players to spread plasma better)
AI Core: Major slowdown. This thing is heavy!
Displaced Walls/Girders/Windows/Computers/Vending machines: Major slowdown.
Experimental Local Generator/Mineral accumulator: Major slowdown (h a h).
Artifacts: Random, depending entirely on artifact rng.

Am I missing anything? Ok, the following interactions with players:
Player standing: Minor. Remove the whole intent thing, that's just needlessly complicating it.
Player on ground: Medium.
Borgs: Medium
Player cuffed: Minor. Doesn't matter if they are on the ground or not, cuffing them will negate this.
Player Straightjacketed: Same as above.
Player buckled into moving chair or suggested gurney: Same as above
Obese player: Major, you fat fuck.

Aside suggestion: Miners work with crates alot. Perhaps power gloves due to being robust and hydrolic negates a portion of the pulling limit.

Anyway all this would be ideal.
(02-16-2017, 10:13 AM)Sundance Wrote: Hydrophonics tray/infared light (totally not infrared, i forget what spectrum): Medium Slowdown.

UV light  wordjo

Good suggestions, that would make it balanced and realistic.