Poll: What do you think about the pulling change?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
REVERT REVERT DEATH TO THE FEATURE
25.00%
35 25.00%
Reduce the penalties across the board
7.86%
11 7.86%
Reduce the penalties for all but big stuff
15.00%
21 15.00%
Reduce penalties for just a few things
5.00%
7 5.00%
IT'S FINE AS IS JUST MAYBE SOME TWEAKS
9.29%
13 9.29%
Comedy option
37.86%
53 37.86%
Total 140 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Hey hey this item is really slow to pull! Fix it!
My point was that people were reacting to what Noah posted as though it were a good and okay thing to post.  It was not.  It was a shitty thing to post.  I meant "calm down" partially as "if you're getting this upset about this subject or any similar ones in the future, please step back for a while and reconsider if you feel like posting anything like that."

So please don't try and pull "we WERE calm!  you came in and made things NOT CALM!"  The conversation may be mostly chill now but I want to be very clear that that kind of shit is not okay.  No matter how much this game may mean to you, it's not so important that a nerf like this should send you into that kind of anger.  You should not look at someone going into that kind of anger and say, "yeah, finally someone gives Grayshift what he deserves!"  Grayshift did not deserve that.

I don't want this to be the kind of community where screaming pages and pages of FUCK YOU!s and angry emojis at people is seen as an acceptable way to get what you want if you're really annoyed.  That's not going to end well for either players or coders and will only serve to burn out coders more and make a big-ass rift between everybody.
hello lads havent played in a while but may visit again soon. hope youve managed to sort all this funny business out in the meantime
I'm saying things chilled out after that huge post and others remarked on just that. I agree with what you said and for the most part I agree with what Noah said but don't agree with how he said it. Could've been handled so much better. The way I see it is that if you got to insult someone to get the point across you never had a point to begin with. Admins/coders may sass us and each other now and again but it's never in a super rude way and if they can restrain themselves from being dicks when they do talk with us then it's only fair we try to do the same as well.

What happened happen and I hope the reasons for why it happened is clear, but I think it's dumb to focus on it now that it's over we should move on and focus on making things more positive with this discussion. That said if anyone else feels like they have something they need to say on the subject I can't stop you, just get it out and over with and move on.

I also don't have anything to add to this discussion anymore really at least not at this time. The recent change addressed my issues with the nerf and again I'm incredibly happy and thankful.
instead of tertiary discussion why don't we discuss what other things people have suggested in this thread that would help make this change better

like noah's patch

whatever happened to that

or what frank suggested to make forklifts better and have them move faster while carrying a load of crates

in addition the mulebot could stand to be improved since its horribly inefficient and not worth using at all compared to say the forklift
do mulebots still have all-access, letting you ride them into places like security freely?

i think that there is much silent skepticism towards upgrading mulebots, probably because their code is old or complex or something, and also because they can be turned into killer crushbeasts if theyre made too good

what a shame!
^Right

On that note, I fully think carts should be fully moddable. Lots of potential​ fun idea there beyond just carrying things around the station. Like how about mounted turrents on carts? Some kind of construction cart for massive building projects?

(04-17-2017, 06:06 PM)misto Wrote: do mulebots still have all-access, letting you ride them into places like security freely?

i think that there is much silent skepticism towards upgrading mulebots, probably because their code is old or complex or something, and also because they can be turned into killer crushbeasts if theyre made too good

what a shame!
Make em controllable by remote control. Get the comfort of hand delivering something without being there. Or just use it to carry an explosive payload to site
there was a brief beautiful moment when the mulebot code was updated that if you removed the speed inhibitor they'd practically teleport around and completely destroy people when they went around corners
making carts good is good
so would mulebots
Thumbs Up 
Can we strap those rocket shoes onto crates to send them flying down the halls? Seems like a completely safe way to circumvent this.

PS: I made my post suggesting people calm down after reading the recent posts, which were all new. So, it seemed relevant to me at the time. I'm glad to see folks are politely chatting now.  All Ears
(04-17-2017, 10:45 AM)Haine Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 01:06 PM)69andahalf Wrote: Jesus, talk about taking the moral high ground and trying to diminish discussion around a major change that, based on the poll and posts, a lot of people were unsure about. But who am I kidding, of course it was just 362 posts of children arguing, because I liked it!

I'm not going to say how atamusvaleo phrased that post was the wisest way to do so, but come on dude.  "Moral high ground"?  "Trying to diminish discussion"?  He was saying to calm down.  I'm saying that too.  Everybody calm down.  There has been a hell of a lot of vitriol in this thread.  Was it all really justified?

I admit "moral high ground" wasn't the best phrase to use, I was just looking for a way to express my feeling that atamusvaleo was putting himself in the position "look how mature I am compared to these children". I also thought he was referring to the entire thread, not just Noah's response, hence my "trying to diminish discussion," rather than to Noah's, and anyone else response which falls into that category.

You are telling people to calm down in the proper way, rather than a way which will illicit more negative responses, which has worked judging by the reply's since then! Regardless, I don't want to put this discussion onto the wrong track again, I just really wanted to clarify what I said because I am bad at remembering words to describe stuff.
Comedy option has seized a substantial plurality. If the coders don't make it so that clown shoes grant immunity to pull slowdowns I will assume they've become tyrants and will griff all day and all night until the will of the people is fulfilled.
(04-18-2017, 09:33 AM)Bologna Prime Wrote: Comedy option has seized a substantial plurality. If the coders don't make it so that clown shoes grant immunity to pull slowdowns I will assume they've become tyrants and will griff all day and all night until the will of the people is fulfilled.
seize the means of honk
Personally, I'm not a fan of the implementation of "slow pull" because it makes moving things that are too big to pick up way more tedious than it ought to be.

I prefer the old pulling way that allowed for hilarious bouts of tug of war between, say, a changeling and a staff assistant trying to steal his stunned victim, or a clown pulling a man strapped to a chair down a hall.

It slows the gameplay way too much and makes rescue attempts of knocked out people in dangerous places far too difficult for it to be viable: why risk death trying to pull -very slowly- someone out of an airless corridor when it's much safer to let them die and clone them afterwards now?

I'd like this feature to be reverted or at least restricted only to things that are truly considered heavy by most people, like I don't know, a piano or an organ.
(04-18-2017, 11:21 AM)Winklabom Wrote: I'd like this feature to be reverted or at least restricted only to things that are truly considered heavy by most people, like I don't know, a piano or an organ.

The buttes-wire patch is basically what this is.
(04-18-2017, 11:21 AM)Winklabom Wrote: I'd like this feature to be reverted or at least restricted only to things that are truly considered heavy by most people, like I don't know, a piano or an organ.

Like people, or a crate filled with metal?