Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Fart as a chem
I'm against complicated atmospheric and chemical/medical effects being tied to regular old farts. They're best left as simple party favors in my opinion.

It would be kinda fun if you could reproduce a fart in chemistry though

Like you just mix some chems and it has a reaction that just makes the fart sound effect happen

I'm sure the coders could have fun making a secret recipe that incorporates that into it
I can see why doing atmos farts is kind of a nightmare, but I also think dosing whoever is on the tile (including the farter) with a singular unit of "fart" is far from clinically troubling.

Perhaps if the fart chem doesnt actually proc on the tile unless you're actually putting it into a container or a welder or something - or on fire.
we need a fart reagent so we can add new chems that aren't fucking repeats of explosions, fire, or poison
(02-12-2017, 01:15 PM)poland spring Wrote: explosions, fire, or poison

Well technically farts belong to all of those categories. Good ones, at least.
(02-12-2017, 01:19 PM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(02-12-2017, 01:15 PM)poland spring Wrote: explosions, fire, or poison

Well technically farts belong to all of those categories. Good ones, at least.

well yeah but I mean think of all the goofy bullshit that would use farts as an ingredient, we could have so much more fun, goofy shit out there that wouldn't exist solely so experienced players could have an advantage over new ones
I was thinking, the fart reagent should immediately be used up when it's created, but maybe if you chill all the ingredients you can create a solid block of fart that needs to be heated?

Then add more stuff to the frozen fart to create a gas cloud like the ones that you make with a mutation that carries those reagents when it's heated back up

Like a concentrated, lingering version of smoke powder
this is a good, very soft, very fragrant fart jumpsuit
Im also feeling this should open up more organic chem, as well as more magical space cowboy chem really.
You can either build a fartnasium out of fart floor tiles, or isolate cadaverine and putrescine for gas storage safety.
The posibilities are endless when we harness the power of spaceman gas.

But really I just want farting while wearing the cake hat to have consequences.
Actually, farts produce a very small dose of non-oxygen air. Check in a room with an atmos analyzer.
Solidified farts as a material. Yes. You take 100 units of pure farts and heat it to magically compress it, making 5 units of semi-solid fart. Get another 100 units of semi-solid fart and you have produce a small ball of solid farts. Heat another 100 units of solid farts to make a brick of farts. Anything made out of it will make bystanders vomit, and clothing of it will rapidly decrease your cleanliness motive and make you constantly vomit.

Any instruments made out of solid farts will only play fart sounds.
I guess this is as close as I'll get to a cup of art.
I'm going to ask the important question. Can I fart in my hand and throw it in someone's face?
(02-12-2017, 09:02 PM)medsal15 Wrote: Actually, farts produce a very small dose of non-oxygen air. Check in a room with an atmos analyzer.
So really it shouldn't be hard to just add a few more trace gasses to that very small dose, right?
Once those gasses exist, that is.

(02-13-2017, 07:50 AM)aft2001 Wrote: Solidified farts as a material.[...]
Any instruments made out of solid farts will only play fart sounds.
It's like a hobo loafer that you can do with a noodle soup.
Also +1 to farxophones and other assflutes.

EDIT:
(02-13-2017, 10:19 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: I'm going to ask the important question. Can I fart in my hand and throw it in someone's face?
I'm gonna go ahead and say please no? How about a CoolNuChem™ and not a grief grease?
(02-13-2017, 10:24 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(02-13-2017, 10:19 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: I'm going to ask the important question. Can I fart in my hand and throw it in someone's face?
I'm gonna go ahead and say please no? How about a CoolNuChem™ and not a grief grease?

Well, in good conscience I can't give my support.
(02-13-2017, 11:33 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote:
(02-13-2017, 10:24 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:

Well, in good conscience I can't give my support.

If it were implemented as discussed though, you could fart into a beaker and forcefeed it to someone, if it makes you feel better. 
Farts without containers would just do atmos stuff.