Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piskel - Free Online Sprite Editor
I found a thing, seems useful.
Here is me making a crappy Gravy-boat.
[Image: 16403164_10206357408014140_4170292622400...e=5912DBF5]
http://www.piskelapp.com/

I might get back into spriting, any requests?
If you feel like producing any of the unsprited animals listed in the Pocket Pets thread I sure would appreciate it.
To be honest I literally just use MSpaint to make my sprites.

I might check this out.
I use paint.net. The only reason is because MSpaint can't make transparent.
Byond has a built in way to make things transparent, so I just use that when I convert stuff from MSpaint to Byond DMIs.
this is now sprite progam chat hahaha

I use a combination of Aesprite when doing animated work, and Photoshop for general stuff.
Paint.net if i'm too lazy for PS to open.

Edit: Oh I also use hexel for non-ss13 spriting.
Aseprite here for most everything. I used to really love Pickle but support for it dropped and it still has a bunch of issues and will never ever have support for layers, which is a goddamn sin for a paid image editor.

I still use Pyxel Edit for tiles, though, because Aseprite's tile support is not great whereas Pyxel Edit is great for tiles and clunky for pretty much anything else. When Aseprite gets better tile support I'll probably switch to it exclusively.

I've used Piskel before, I made the pizza cutter sprite in it. It's pretty good, but I'll use Aseprite over it any time.
I downloaded GIMP to try and sprite...

GIMP is hard to use... frown
i do all my actual drawing in mspaint, and just pull the file over to gimp for adding transparency if it is needed
I use aseprite and photoshop, woooo.

Usually photoshop, 'cause I'm more familiar with it. Aseprite is rad for animation though.
(02-03-2017, 11:17 AM)Gannets Wrote: I use aseprite and photoshop, woooo.

Usually photoshop, 'cause I'm more familiar with it. Aseprite is rad for animation though.

What leverage does Asprite have over Photoshop's frame animation? I'm curious, as I've never used that program before.
[Image: frames-and-layers.gif]

[Image: t3ZGRzw.gif]

[Image: timeline-right-click.gif]

[Image: gamedev.gif]

It's pretty nice.
The AESprite developer is one of the scummiest people on earth. He illegally changed the license from GPL, he's charging it while not giving the large number of contributors a penny, not to mention how his EULA is completely unenforceable in court.
(02-06-2017, 09:58 PM)somepotato Wrote: The AESprite developer is one of the scummiest people on earth. He illegally changed the license from GPL, he's charging it while not giving the large number of contributors a penny, not to mention how his EULA is completely unenforceable in court.

well you can get it for free, you only need to pay if you are lazy
(02-06-2017, 09:58 PM)somepotato Wrote: The AESprite developer is one of the scummiest people on earth. He illegally changed the license from GPL, he's charging it while not giving the large number of contributors a penny, not to mention how his EULA is completely unenforceable in court.

honestly, while you're not wrong, on the scale of things I can think of tens of thousands people who are guilty of worse crimes than this