Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nerf Rathen's Revenge, buff Magic Missle
See title. Rathen's revenge is honestly a pretty OP spell, it's an instant stun to anyone close within a screen's length, you can't dodge it, it does a whole heap of brute, and has a chance to blow off a limb. Magic missile, the spell made to be a stun, is easy to outrun, cause it goes super slowly, and is very obvious to see before it gets you.

My suggestion is, remove the limb removal chance and/or the stun from rathen's revenge, and speed magic missiles up a bunch. Might help balance it out a bit cause right now people take rathen's for an instant, damaging, unavoidable stun and never use magic missile.
I agree about arse nath. Not sure in what way to 'fix' it; there's a couple. I do know that this has been suggested a few times in the past.

MM I'm okay with. Pro-wiznerds tend to use this only at close ranges or in situations where people are cornered. It's still very useful for a complete free spell.

Though I really just came to post that the ass explosion is handled by the ass_explosion proc.

On the tin. hell yeah man
(01-23-2017, 06:57 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Though I really just came to post that the ass explosion is handled by the ass_explosion proc.

On the tin. hell yeah man

what even is this game
Maybe make it so it only stuns/delimbs if you dont have an ass. Can see people stapling their butts back on to regain immunity only to have them blown off again seconds later.
(01-24-2017, 02:41 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Maybe make it so it only stuns/delimbs if you dont have an ass. Can see people stapling their butts back on to regain immunity only to have them blown off again seconds later.

I think it's much less likely to delimb if you have an ass, but it still can? And it always stuns, which is the main problem
the abundant smoke clods it produces often provide good cover. the duration of the stun could be shortened/weakened and the spell would remain quite good
I think removing the smoke cloud and stun effect, at least for people with asses.

This spell is ridiculously good with both an AoE stun, smoke cover and delimbing.
maybe rather than a guaranteed stun, it could do heavy stam damage? stamina remains an underutilized mechanic in favor of simple yes/no guaranteed stuns
(01-25-2017, 05:49 AM)misto Wrote: maybe rather than a guaranteed stun, it could do heavy stam damage? stamina remains an underutilized mechanic in favor of simple yes/no guaranteed stuns

Good idea, misto.
The easiest way to balance it out would be to remove the stun altogether, maybe crank up the delimbing chance if used against a person without an ass to compensate.
(01-24-2017, 08:06 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(01-24-2017, 02:41 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Maybe make it so it only stuns/delimbs if you dont have an ass. Can see people stapling their butts back on to regain immunity only to have them blown off again seconds later.

I think it's much less likely to delimb if you have an ass, but it still can? And it always stuns, which is the main problem

That was badly written, what i meant was not stunning or delimbing if your ass hasn't already been blown off by the spell.

The smoke can still disarm people if im not mistaken, and lasts quite a while. Might actually be worse than the stun itself.
Ditch the delimbing and make it do damage and stun if someone doesn't have an ass, and a mild stun if they do. The delimbing never made much sense to me if it's a butt spell
(01-25-2017, 10:22 PM)poland spring Wrote: Ditch the delimbing and make it do damage and stun if someone doesn't have an ass, and a mild stun if they do.  The delimbing never made much sense to me if it's a butt spell

perfect