Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
switch maps more often
it was very refreshing and fun to not have to play on cogmap2 for the week
Agreed. My love for Cogmap 2 has pretty much vanished and I would love to play on anything else really.
Someday the map rotator will come, and all will bow to its glory.
I'd love to see more Clarion. It has some good pathing
(01-14-2017, 05:05 AM)Hokie Wrote: Someday the map rotator will come, and all will bow to its glory.

long have i awaited the day but it'd be more Fun™ if it was done more often by admins too
(01-14-2017, 03:54 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I'd love to see more Clarion. It has some good pathing

And the doors are so much better then both of the Cogmaps. I dont have to get super close to my screen to see the sprite of the door when I go to close them. 10 out of 10 doors = 10 out of 10 Station
Not a huge fan of Donut as it's extremely barren after playing Cogmap2 so often.

Cogmap1 though is amazing, maintenance is extremely useful for sneaking around! Medbay can be bothersome because of those fucking sliding glass doors though. Hate those. I wish I got to play it when it was the norm.

I also like that space shuttle map with the fancy graphics it's close quarters in a lot of places which makes things very fun.

Wish it was Cogmap 1 80% of the time, then a random map the rest.
Any chance shroom will ever undie?

Donut is amazing for yakety-sax moments. Also has the sing. Good for the odd occasion, but to awkward to be a mainstay - even with fancy diagonal movement.

Cog1 is cozy. One main hallway and a few staging areas.

Cog2 is amazing, but it was built with a higher pop in mind. Since I play on lowpop a lot it does seem spacious. It gives a bit too much agency to some antags.

Destiny/Clarion is interesting. I'd like to see them under lljk2's brand of ARRPEE.
(01-14-2017, 03:54 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I'd love to see more Clarion. It has some good pathing

yeah clarion is A++++ good jobe dions and whoever else who made it

there's actual design to it as opposed to just a bunch of long horizontal corridors stacked ontop of eachother
Maybe we could do a thing once map rotation is implemented where it picks maps based off of server population, with smaller maps being saved for lowpop rounds and Cog2 being saved for highpop rounds.
(01-14-2017, 04:08 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(01-14-2017, 05:05 AM)Hokie Wrote: Someday the map rotator will come, and all will bow to its glory.

long have i awaited the day but it'd be more Fun™ if it was done more often by admins too

Same but unfortunately only high ranking admins can change the map. I imagine this is with good reason.
(01-14-2017, 07:00 PM)Hokie Wrote: Same but unfortunately only high ranking admins can change the map. I imagine this is with good reason.

specifically, only coders can change the map, since the code to change the maps from inside the game is not finished (aka map rotation)

It would be cool if players could vote or do a quest or something to change the map if its lowpop and they want to go to a different map better suited for them.
I love all the maps. They are all cool and good.
I have never seen this mythical land of Clarion and would like to experience it
It was fun, although Donut seems to be missing some facilities, like customs or an ID console accessable by the HoP.