Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EMP Pods
Yeah, pods should have something happen to them when EMP'd - either a loss of control (sorta like a human mob that has been neruo'd) or all functions are turned off.

Or both
The pilot should be immediately ejected at a high speed at which the pod is facing.
Sundance Wrote:The pilot should be immediately ejected at a high speed at which the pod is facing.

Make it happen.
Hell no.

I can probably make EMPs disable a bunch of random systems per hit though.
How about when emagged?
Maybe emagged causes controls to switch? Left is right and down goes up? Or idk, shoots rockets instead of lasers, if you have them? (that is dumb)
How about the POD just turns off, killing both the pod's internal air, and the engine, causing it to float aimlessly through space.
why does every decent thread seem to get sidetracked into horrible "make it do wacky thing XYZ when you emag it!!!!!"

emp grenades hurting pods would be a good way to counter pods that follow you when you try to escape into space
Why does absolutely everything have to be emaggable anyhow? I'd say don't make pods emaggable.
mozi Wrote:why does every decent thread seem to get sidetracked into horrible "make it do wacky thing XYZ when you emag it!!!!!"

emp grenades hurting pods would be a good way to counter pods that follow you when you try to escape into space

Seriously. I figured turning their stuff off briefly or loss of control would be a good counter, but flinging someone would be dumb.
Maybe it could mess with the pod's power supply.

Try flying a pod with 10 power instead of it's normal 200.
Whatever it is, it should not be permanent. It should be reversible in some way.
Emagging the pod is super dumb EXCEPT MAYBE for when I get around to adding a Lock verb to them.
EMPing the pod would be a good use for EMP grenades. It'll probably disrupt all the power systems and maybe flight controls when I figure out how to do that.