Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Constructable Atmospherics
For re-pressurizing rooms I would just make the air hookups not suck. Right now they run out of gas too quickly and refill rooms too slowly. But that is a topic for another thread.
(01-04-2017, 05:06 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Being able to easily re-pressurize and oxygenate rooms after a breach would be nice. Easy death by fire not so much

fire extinguisher plus running the heck away from fire plus 1 or more first aid kits equals immunity to fire
(01-04-2017, 08:20 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: fire extinguisher plus running the heck away from fire plus 1 or more first aid kits equals immunity to fire

Pretty much. The only hazard then is breathing superheated plasma along with your air, but with internals you'll take no damage, even if your blood is millions of degrees.
If you're talking about central atmos, it just doesn't work on Goon. Not without some serious hamfisting. Seeing the whole station covered in fire/n2o/co2 is fun about negative once. Well, except for those people who like to run shit into the ground.

For something like that our non-centralized atmos distribution should be fine. You can still cover large areas for nefarious deeds.
buildable and upgradeable gas pipes+hookups+etc would be good for repairing the engine after it suffers bad damage. lots of other things on the station can be fixed or replaced, but not the darn primary power source.

but there are already various mini hookups for pumping air around that go unused except for occasional plasma or co2 mischief because everyone knows you get more direct results by just popping the cap off a canister in the room itself. thus, atmos as a re-airing option is not attractive, simply having more hi-cap air cans lying around in maint would be a simpler solution

oh yeah, and oxy-producing plants or robots and shit like has been suggested a bunch of times
(01-06-2017, 01:19 AM)misto Wrote: buildable and upgradeable gas pipes+hookups+etc would be good for repairing the engine after it suffers bad damage. lots of other things on the station can be fixed or replaced, but not the darn primary power source.
I have never witnessed such catastrophic engine and pipe damage that it couldn't be restored. I fully support a fully repairable engine, but I have personally not seen it in a state where it isn't. (knock on wood)

(01-06-2017, 01:19 AM)misto Wrote: but there are already various mini hookups for pumping air around that go unused except for occasional plasma or co2 mischief because everyone knows you get more direct results by just popping the cap off a canister in the room itself. thus, atmos as a re-airing option is not attractive, simply having more hi-cap air cans lying around in maint would be a simpler solution
Thank you for stating this. To everyone else: how the hell can there be a 2 page thread without anybody actually mentioning that the rooms in question already exists. GAWD!
I'm not asking for central atmos, though that would be neat. I'm asking for the ability to build and modify pipes, and atmos components like connectors, pumps, valves, and filters.
Honestly this would open the door to some creative traitor shenanigans, the ability to build new engines would also be amazing. Even if the old turbine was brought back that would be so cool.
Perhaps instead of a central atmospheric center, there were multiple, each on ruling over one part of the station.
(01-08-2017, 12:55 PM)Maegor Wrote: Perhaps instead of a central atmospheric center, there were multiple, each on ruling over one part of the station.

This is already a thing, air hookups.
(01-08-2017, 12:56 PM)Musketman12 Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 12:55 PM)Maegor Wrote: Perhaps instead of a central atmospheric center, there were multiple, each on ruling over one part of the station.

This is already a thing, air hookups.

But, like more central

i hate the idea of a central atmos, but this is great. like shove them in the emergency tool storages or part of EVA so people with higher access than a staff assistant can use them
(01-08-2017, 01:19 PM)zcamperz Wrote: i hate the idea of a central atmos, but this is great. like shove them in the emergency tool storages or part of EVA so people with higher access than a staff assistant can use them

literally already in the game
(01-08-2017, 01:20 PM)zewaka Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 01:19 PM)zcamperz Wrote: i hate the idea of a central atmos, but this is great. like shove them in the emergency tool storages or part of EVA so people with higher access than a staff assistant can use them

and literally already being used to set the entire station on fire.
(01-08-2017, 01:20 PM)zewaka Wrote:

Not on Destiny, it's not. DESTINY PLAYERS ARE PLAYERS TOO.