Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Constructable Atmospherics
It seems like every server except for goon has a full-blown atmospherics system, with gas storage and filters and pipes that you can reconfigure and build and have a ton of fun with (or more likely, flood the station with burning plasma). It'd be nice to be able to do that on goon as well.
You don't fool me...
I too would love the ability to flood *every* room with billion degree plasma.
Only if it's accompanied by all security PDAs having an automatic "go check toxins" reminder every 10 minutes. /s

It's certainly not an idea I'm against in general.
Why plasma when you can flood all the rooms with carbon dioxide and kill everyone silently?

Yes please i would love this, especially if there was a way to put reagents in the air,
Buildable atmos-pipes is a long standing wish of many people. It's primary use would generally be: Creating stupid amounts of heat and lag; creating bombs and lag out of sight; creating custom engines and lag; creating neat works of art and lag; creating neat death traps and lag; creating lag and lag; etc. Granted once the 'best way' to do any of these is found, that's the only way people would do it from then on.

That wasn't an argument against, mind. I want custom atmos. I just ain't expecting it any time soon.

On central atmos: I never want that back. I'm a minimalist; I like carrying as little gear as possible. In the current system I can skirt by without having to carry internals... or clothing. I like it that way.
But like, i think setting it up to kill everyone would have to take a bit of time, such you need to build some pipes, disable some safeties, reroute gas pipes, these kind of stuff
Goon used to have a centralized atmos room and a job that went with it. It was removed because messing with atmos on that scale tended to lag the sever to death, though this problem has been mostly resolved. It was also removed because there was very little you could actually do with the atmos job, since the station already begins being livable. The only things you could do were poison the air or burn the station down, and a centralized atmos room made this far too easy to do.

That said, I've got nothing against being able to build atmos pipes, ports, and the like. It'd actually be really useful for engineers and scientists when it comes to messing with their respective atmos shenanigans.
Re-route the Engine hot loop through Sci to heat it up some more? send the cold loop through the freezer to cool it (the freezer) even more? I have some good Ideas for if this becomes a thing.
we used to have a big atmos room back on uterus station. it was a difficult to understand nest of spaghetti pipes, was said to caus big lag, and its only known use was for making fires and poisoning people
(01-03-2017, 07:08 PM)Mordent Wrote: Only if it's accompanied by all security PDAs having an automatic "go check toxins" reminder every 10 minutes.

If they had that on cog2 then traitor rounds for me would be much less fun frown

In all seriousness though, it'd probably be good if toxins and research in general got more sec oversight. It's far too easy to make enough bombs to destroy the station and deploy them all under everyone's noses than it should be.
High Pop: Sec is generally more interested in the current threat, like Oarling or Janitrator Jay. Bomb making isn't even illegal.
Low Pop: Sec usually doesn't exist.

This is why a lot of people go through the bomb everything phase, but eventually burn out because they go uncontested or get ignored. Not much we can do about that on lljk2.

My ultimate fun with this would be building a new engine. Once the 'best way' was figured for that I'd move on to being flame art. It's be even better if it could be remote controlled via packets. You could build a kind of animation in fire that way, like smileys or number systems. Also, amazing suicide machines of suicide and suicide and occasional negligent homicide.
Not that i still play this game, but adding constructable atmos equipment is a terrible idea given the fact that you can abuse various bugs and exploits to generate air that will instakill you.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
sounds like a good reason to bring it back imo
Being able to easily re-pressurize and oxygenate rooms after a breach would be nice. Easy death by fire not so much