Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Inventory QoL Improvements
Yeah the weight idea sounds pretty awful. That's all we need another overkill nerf that slows the game down to a halt for a few months again. Please no.
Mostly aesthetic, but have department specific backpacks / belts (medbay already has some).

Other idea: use a bedsheet on a rod to make a bindle and become a space tramp.
Heres a crazy idea, take the box out of your backpack and open it in your hands. Whoa!
Too much work.
staple boxes to a naked man to create cargo skin
no more issues
(01-31-2018, 11:21 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Heres a crazy idea, take the box out of your backpack and open it in your hands. Whoa!

What if you only got one hand? You want mt to throw the box on the ground like some kinda caveman?
Wallet would be nice. However. a stack of cash serves the same purpose currently
(01-31-2018, 03:31 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: Wallet would be nice. However. a stack of cash serves the same purpose currently

I figure it could hold cash, ID cards, and misc papers.

When holding multiple cards, it could maybe function like an agent card as far as doors go, where it just combines all the access levels. Cards would still need to be removed for logging into machines and computers and such
(01-31-2018, 03:53 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I figure it could hold cash, ID cards, and misc papers.

The idea sounds neat but I am struggling to think of reasons someone would use it. A wallet would effectively be a repurposed, less useful (in terms of storage) box?
(02-01-2018, 12:32 AM)Tombi Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 03:53 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I figure it could hold cash, ID cards, and misc papers.

The idea sounds neat but I am struggling to think of reasons someone would use it. A wallet would effectively be a repurposed, less useful (in terms of storage) box?
Basically a box. But a normal box has constraints. It can fit in a bag, but not a pocket or inside of another box. A wallet could.

So potentially, you could free up multiple slots in a box by having a box like object inside your box.

L A Y E R S and L A Y E R S of inventory
Idea: Hotkeying items

Hold down a key or keys (I'm thinking we use 5,6,7, and 8)
Then click an item in your inventory.

Now when you press that key, the Hotkeyed item is placed in your free hand or swapped with what's already there
Hot keying items has been in the works for awhile iirc. I could be wrong on that but I remember coders talking about in irc a few years back.
sounds abusable and cool
I'm split on hotkeys. It's not like they're on the level of macros or anything, but they'd still need labtime and lots of tweaks. I'd still love to have them as my hands are pretty fucked up (hence the slow typing) and it's far easier for me to just jab a key with my fingers.