Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Wheelchairs
Add wheelchairs to the game. They would use the currently existing mechanics for rolling chairs, except that movement speed is based on number of arms rather than number of legs when strapped into a wheelchair. There can also be a -1 trait that has you start the game with a wheelchair and no legs.
remember a motorized version for ppl with no arms and no legs. they control the chairs control stick with their mouth or something idk. they can be stashed in a maint tunnel near medbay or buildable from med fabs
Why would that be a -1 trait?
This is not a bad idea. I wouldn't mind role-playing with a wheelchair. This would be great for those who are missing limbs. If you don't have arms, you can not use your wheelchair, or they could be futuristic and could be mind controlled if you sit in them, because coding.

Edit: You know how we have stair tiles? Maybe we should code them where wheelchairs cant ride over them, or if you do, you'll fall over your wheel chair. A inconvenience yes, but that's what you get for riding a wheel chair. Another awesome idea would be wheel chair races for motorized wheel chairs. If you emag a motorized wheelchair, you'll speed much faster, but you'll fall over if you crash into someone, but they'll be knocked over too.
(12-02-2016, 06:17 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Why would that be a -1 trait?
Its slower and louder than regular walking.
You can achieve this with a office chair by buckling yourself to it but hey its not a bad idea
motorized wheelchair should be hackable in ways similar to how mulebots are, boosting speed and giving the power to knock over and run over ppl :3
(12-02-2016, 07:03 PM)misto Wrote: motorized wheelchair should be hackable in ways similar to how mulebots are, boosting speed and giving the power to knock over and run over ppl :3

Emagged wheelchairs should get faster and faster and blow up if it goes under a certain speed threshold.
My only qualm with this is that chair code is buggy as hell at the moment and making a giant feature that entirely revolves around seems like a bad idea.
(12-02-2016, 09:58 PM)Arborinus Wrote: Wheelchair:

[Image: Lr1HEdB.png]

Eh, I tried.
the idea has already been rejected
http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=2781
(12-02-2016, 10:02 PM)TheNewTeddy Wrote: the idea has already been rejected
http://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=2781

I think that thread was closed because they were making cripple jokes, which I have not seen in this thread. I do see how it might be used to be offensive, but so can a lot of other things. (That seems to be a hot topic lately anyways?)
I think this would be a cool feature. Arborinus, I think your sprite is going in the right direction but it seems a little too overexposed and pillowy for the station's aesthetic, it seems too .. un-grounded if that makes sense
(12-03-2016, 01:19 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: I think this would be a cool feature. Arborinus, I think your sprite is going in the right direction but it seems a little too overexposed and pillowy for the station's aesthetic, it seems too .. un-grounded if that makes sense

Yeah, it's by no means final. It was my first time trying to work more off of Gannets' sprites.

[Image: PBcTETT.png]

Do you think it needs like a darker outline or something? I had no idea how to do the wheels either.