Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Table flipping
Using a crowbar on a non-reinforced table will flip it on it's side. Using a crowbar on an already-flipped table would return it to normal. Flipped tables would work as protection from gunfire, but would collapse after being shot at enough. Finally, any items on a table when it is flipped would fall on the floor one tile in front of the table.
why though
(\o_o\)"I"I"

(/o[]o/)   _I_I_
Why not.
would it provide 100% gunfire protection or just some %chance of a shot being blocked by the table? how would the game tell the difference between the shots of someone taking cover behind a flipped table (who would know to shoot -over- the table rather than into it) and the shots of someone shooting at someone taking cover?

the bar, lab tables and reinforced tables should have some shot block % chance even when theyre standing as theyre solid counters rather than tables stabnding on lil legs, right?
(11-28-2016, 05:37 PM)misto Wrote: would it provide 100% gunfire protection or just some %chance of a shot being blocked by the table? how would the game tell the difference between the shots of someone taking cover behind a flipped table (who would know to shoot -over- the table rather than into it) and the shots of someone shooting at someone taking cover?

the bar, lab tables and reinforced tables should have some shot block % chance even when theyre standing as theyre solid counters rather than tables stabnding on lil legs, right?

1. My idea was that they would be 100% protection, but weaker tables would break faster.
2. I was assuming that one would have to leave cover to shoot from behind a table
3. For non-flipped tables, they should provide protection if the one behind it is lying down.
Not sure I'm keen on people dragging around flipped tables. Maybe just make them pushable and click-draggable?

Other than that yeah, I'm down with it.

Yeah I know lockers exist. You can't shoot over those.
I never said flipped tables could be dragged. Pushing them, on the other hand, could work.
(11-28-2016, 06:04 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Not sure I'm keen on people dragging around flipped tables. Maybe just make them pushable and click-draggable?

Other than that yeah, I'm down with it.

Yeah I know lockers exist. You can't shoot over those.

Why not have the option to push over lockers? Make them act as partial cover, and also operate like a crate that is only click-draggable.
Imagine pulling lockers down behind you to slow your pursuers.

In addition, perhaps vending machines that have fallen over could provide some level of cover as well? I mean, if we are gonna go there.
Just make everything that looks more or less like a 3d rectangle into a defense. Cardboard boxes, crates, fallen canisters, vending machines, etc.