Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goonstation Boardgame Nights
I played, but the in-game voice chat is shit. We need an alternative.
(12-31-2016, 05:58 AM)TheNewTeddy Wrote: I played, but the in-game voice chat is shit. We need an alternative.

When i play TTS i tend to just use discord voice chat

Perhaps we can make a TTS channel?
(12-31-2016, 07:11 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(12-31-2016, 05:58 AM)TheNewTeddy Wrote: I played, but the in-game voice chat is shit. We need an alternative.

When i play TTS i tend to just use discord voice chat

Perhaps we can make a TTS channel?

This, or just steal one of the other ones.

I should be there next week unless my sleeping schedule gets screwy again.
Tonight's host: Avack.

Game: Betrayal at House on the Hill.

Let's see how this goes. Password is as usual.
(11-24-2016, 09:52 PM)TheNewTeddy Wrote: every time this has been tried with people I know it's utterly failed.

let me know if you have multiple successful rounds. If you can pull that off I'll play.

Alright. 

We've failed again.
I was hoping that during the few weeks/month that you guys did this you'd realize what needs to be fixed and fix it. 

Clearly that's not happening.

so Boss Teddy is coming out.

1 - Using discord for voice chat was done this week and was the only thing that worked.

2 - The person hosting needs to be central to the players. We had 3 players from the north american continent, and 2 from outside it, and one of those 2 was host. This is not something that should be happening.

3 - I forgot. Everyone forgot. This is not a "its 4:50 lets remind people" this is a "its friday morning lets remind people" thing.

4 - One person needs to be in charge, one person needs to be host. We need to figure out who is posting by thursday at 5pm.

I can not host. I have a DL of 6, and an UL of 1. These are the numbers the corps give you when you buy internet; so I don't know how they translate into "MB" or anything.
These are small numbers.

Lastly, part of the lag is caused by loading. This is avoided if we *all* have the DLC, and cut down if as many of us as is possible has the DLC.

So, in sum

Actionable stuff:

1 - We need to figure out who is hosting next week. We need to figure this out by Thursday at the latest. 

2 - We need to pick what game we are playing. Ideally the person we choose as host will do this, and it will be a game they've played before.

3 - When we are told the game, we should all go download it. As a bonus, if we have time, we should review the rules for said game at our own leisure.

4 - Friday Morning we should send out reminders to people that we are playing. I will do this.

Hope that makes sense.

EDITED TO ADD

whoever the host it should also be using port forwarding, and, test port forwarding out with other players to make sure it works before the game starts.
Can't make the 5pm est time, but I'm open to hosting a game of secret palpatine or playing at a later time in the day.
Shit yes I need reminders otherwise I get myself in very long games. I'm sorry for missing it again.
(01-06-2017, 05:11 PM)zewaka Wrote: Can't make the 5pm est time, but I'm open to hosting a game of secret palpatine or playing at a later time in the day.

this is the reason I bought TTS, so I am more than open to playing the game, however, I sleep on what's more of an european schedule; so I'm usually sleeping from sometime between, 1pm and 3am hawaii time (clearly I don't sleep this entire time, but somewhere within this window) but if you can find time outside this window on any day of the week, I will make room.

There's no reason we can't add, for example, a tuesday game alongside our friday game.
I have to call it off tonight (atleast for myself). My mother has gotten sick and i need to take care of her. You guys can set something up yourself though!

Sorry about this, i feel awful that i can't join you
ashamed teddy has to apologize for forgetting, and making other plans today.
I can't attend and probably won't be able to attend for the next few weeks cause I have school stuff every Friday.
Pizzatiger, you find a decent Blood Bowl boardgame, and I promise not to surf'n'turf you with my Orc Blitzers.

TOO LATE THE WEST POINT 'EADWHOPPAS ARE GONNA KRUMP ALL YOU GITS

Bloodbowl stuff be here 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=823059048 Be sure to get the other teams.
I will be unable to make it this week
Weeknights are now out for me. Got a M-F job that's 5:30p til 2a
Tonight were are going to play various Party games- A fake artist goes to newyork, Deception, Skull, Dixit, and prehaps mystorium

Host- Pizzatiger