Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goonstation Boardgame Nights
Star 
Welcome to Goonstation Boardgame Nights or GBN for short. During BGN we will play 1-2 board game depending on how long the game is every week.

What is tabletop simulator? - http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/ Tabletop Simulator is the only simulator where you can let your aggression out by flipping the table! There are no rules to follow: just you, a physics sandbox, and your friends. Make your own games and play how YOU want! Unlimited gaming possibilities! 

What this means for us is that we can basically play any board game ever created on this engine, resulting in hours of fun

When Is GBN?-  GBN will be every Friday starting at 5:00 PM EST

Who is hosting GBN?-  GBN will be hosted by a different host each week. The host is allowed to pick the board game being played that week with the only rule is that the Host or someone there has to know how to play the boardgame ahead of time.

If you want to be a host leave a message down below and i will message you here or on IRC and we will work it out.

Where is the BGN server?- GBN will be hosted on a private server labeled GBN or Goonstation Boardgame Night. The Password will be Bees to keep random table flippers from joining. The server will be set to 10 players to allow for spectators or 10 player games. Game Slots will be first come,  first served basis

Scoreboard- We will be keeping track of the winners of each GBN. Their wins will be kept here for the general public to oooh and awe over the masters of Boardgames

SCORES

Pizzatiger- 5 wins
Avack-3 win
Youkcat-1 win
UltimateShrekFan-1 win
Xeram-1 win
TheMusketdud-2 win
TheNewTeddy-1 win
HydroFloric-1 win
ZeWaka-1 win
DreamCarver- 1 win
Omnitron-1 win

FAQ(I will update this as i get questions)- 
  • Q- Can i invite my non-goonstation friends?     A- Yes you can BUT goonstation players will get first dibs on any open slots in the game
  • Q- Can you add some pictures of cute animals to this fourm post. A- Yes i can
    [Image: worlds-cutest-raccoons-1.jpg]
    [Image: c03238eb743c9ae69e9ee46186bb0a9c.jpg][Image: 49579-beautiful-birds-cute-parrots.jpg][Image: Ferret-1.jpg]

Information about next BGN(Check here to see the host and game being played)-

11/25/2016'S GBN

Host-Pizzatiger
Game-Cosmic Encounter(1-8 players, Bluffing and negotiation game)
Hurry up and vote you turds so that I can pull the trigger while this bitch is still on sale(it's currently half off).

-1 vote if enough people are down I'll get it and +1 to yes.
I want to play but im 2 dollar's short so I hope you all have a fun game
Also, I have Ticket to Ride on steam and it's pretty cheap most of the time.
I not only have tabletop simulator, but I am getting an HTC Vive soon, so I will be able to flip the table in VR!
every time this has been tried with people I know it's utterly failed.

let me know if you have multiple successful rounds. If you can pull that off I'll play.
I will be the first host of tonight's BGN

Tonight's Game- Cosmic Encounter(1-8 players, Bluffing and negotiation game)
Unless the infinite turn cards are out, I am abstaining.
(11-25-2016, 09:49 AM)Ultimate Shrek Fan Wrote: Unless the infinite turn cards are out, I am abstaining
Don't worry, He got lucky with his alien and this hardly ever happens. This was actually the first time i ever seen the machine in play.  There is over 150 Aliens in the game. The chance of it appearing again is stupidly small
A nice thing to include is the password to said game
(11-25-2016, 02:15 PM)YoukCat Wrote: A nice thing to include is the password to said game

Quote: "The Password will be Bees"
... I saw that, totally, I was just, uh...
Testing you, yeah, totally. Testing you.
I still roll dice like I did back in the Bloodbowl days.

That is, Connor's-orcs-end-up-killing-3-of-my-dwarfs-on-turn-1-even-with-an-apocathery, level rolls.

It was still funny too!
I'd say the first games night was a success. 7 players, things didn't get heated and there was only one(successful) table flip and it was right at the end. Hopefully next week has as good of a turnout.
(11-25-2016, 09:10 PM)Ultimate Shrek Fan Wrote: I'd say the first games night was a success. 7 players, things didn't get heated and there was only one(successful) table flip and it was right at the end. Hopefully next week has as good of a turnout.

I don't know I'd say that game of Cosmic was pretty heated, what with literally everyone one successful anything from winning and everyone struggling to stop everyone from doing anything.