Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Add Widescreen mode option to normal play.
(11-28-2016, 01:10 AM)grumpchkin Wrote:
(11-27-2016, 04:09 PM)New525 Wrote:
(11-25-2016, 08:17 AM)Crazyabe Wrote: A Possible Suggestion is that it Could be made into a Genetic Power.

Here's the solution

That's really stupid for pretty obvious reasons.

How much you wanna bet they ask what those obvious reasons are?
(11-28-2016, 01:28 AM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(11-28-2016, 01:10 AM)grumpchkin Wrote:
(11-27-2016, 04:09 PM)New525 Wrote:
(11-25-2016, 08:17 AM)Crazyabe Wrote: A Possible Suggestion is that it Could be made into a Genetic Power.

Here's the solution

That's really stupid for pretty obvious reasons.

How much you wanna bet they ask what those obvious reasons are?

I quite like this idea honestly

We could call it

Panoramisim: You feel optimistic!

Of course it would come with an opposite which would shrink your screen wideness

Tunnel Vision: You feel overly focused.
That'd just make the feature be forgotten completely since no one wants to have to deal with genetics for half a round until they can inject it.

Let's be serious about this.
What if the HUD elements were moved to the sides of the screen instead of the top and bottom? Yea, widescreen would see more, but mainly things that are otherwise hidden by having your equipment bar open, flying a pod or from having way to many genetic power.
(11-30-2016, 11:55 PM)grumpchkin Wrote: That'd just make the feature be forgotten completely since no one wants to have to deal with genetics for half a round until they can inject it.

Half a round? It's like, 10 minutes. Tops.
Considering how much of the screen the chat box takes up having overlaid chat and antag abilities on the hud with widescreen enabled might actually be better for players with lower resolutions(I used to play on a tiny laptop screen). Also the current widescreen mode only seems to add 3 tiles on either side of the player's view regardless of icon scale, so unless im missing something here I don't see how this would give players with a larger screen an advantage.
Overlaid chat is unfortunately currently a pipe-dream that byond makes nigh impossible. I wouldn't count on it being a thing any time soon.
(12-01-2016, 09:34 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:
(11-30-2016, 11:55 PM)grumpchkin Wrote: That'd just make the feature be forgotten completely since no one wants to have to deal with genetics for half a round until they can inject it.

Hate to break it to you pal. But most people can't stand to do Genetics or put up with Geneticists. Besides locking away such a cool quality of life feature like that for no reason is just a plain bad idea.
(12-01-2016, 09:34 AM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote:

Depends on how long it takes to find the mutation, sometimes it takes half a round, the point is lets not make this a thing that's almost completely unused.
just add it to the game as a toggle ffs
the likelihood that 1. someone has a wide screen, 2. is liable to get in a direct conflict, and 3. can actually utilize it in an effective way (and not be weirded out by the size change) distills the chances of this really summing up to anything negative

putting it behind genetics means you may as well have not really added it imo, genetics shouldn't directly mess with the UI because then you have to chug mutadone to fix what should have just been a UI toggle anyway

edit: in short, this is something a lot of people want and could find use for even outside of "turbonerding", don't arbitrarily handicap the game or sequester the feature off somewhere it'll be rare and frustrating (and liable to only give geneticists the feature, seriously what??)
its not becoming a toggle until after the overlays are updated and the verbs removed for a more streamlined system
All I ask for is if this is a toggle, then those with widescreen on should have larger eyeballs when they are gibbed/removed
A sound compromise
(12-06-2016, 04:27 PM)Arborinus Wrote: All I ask for is if this is a toggle, then those with widescreen on should have larger eyeballs when they are gibbed/removed

(12-06-2016, 04:29 PM)Boon Yoon Wrote: A sound compromise
(12-06-2016, 05:26 PM)Vitatroll Wrote:
(12-06-2016, 04:27 PM)Arborinus Wrote: All I ask for is if this is a toggle, then those with widescreen on should have larger eyeballs when they are gibbed/removed

(12-06-2016, 04:29 PM)Boon Yoon Wrote: A sound compromise