Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Add Widescreen mode option to normal play.
I mean for when you're alive. Simply put, it looks fantastic.
Agreed 1000%
It was mentioned that the problem with widescreen mode is that it gives the person with the biggest screen an advantage, because they can see far more of the station than anyone else can.
(11-23-2016, 06:32 AM)Roomba Wrote: It was mentioned that the problem with widescreen mode is that it gives the person with the biggest screen an advantage, because they can see far more of the station than anyone else can.

This can be restricted, surely?

Also agreed. This makes the game look far better. The problem is that it might detract from the chatbox
You'll be force to play widescreen, or you'll be at a disadvantage. Unless you want to restrict widescreen width to the width of the maximum 1:1 view, which means anybody who plays widescreen will be at a disadvantage.
There's no way to make this balanced.
(11-23-2016, 08:03 AM)Grek Wrote: There's no way to make this balanced.
Add widescreen for AI players?
(11-23-2016, 12:02 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Add widescreen for AI players?

Now THIS i can get behind
If Widescreen Was the Standard View for AIs, Sec/Sci/Other Cameras, and Ghosts, Then it Would be Awesome.
But it's Otherwise OP to have it in every round.
Also, currently some overlays are broken for widescreen mode.
No this idea is bad
Sad 
(11-23-2016, 02:16 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: If Widescreen Was the Standard View for AIs, Sec/Sci/Other Cameras, and Ghosts, Then it Would be Awesome.

No it would not, the AI commands tab would be tiny and piss off everyone. Ever accidently stated laws 1-3 instead of viewing the crew manifest, or opening the tracking list? I resize my window so it's just the right size. Definetely as an option though cause some AI's would use it a lot.
Holy hell please make this a thing. I play on my TV and this would make playing space station so much better for me. I'm sure there are ways to restrict it to balance it out.
i too play on a tv and this would be great