Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.44 Average
Who would win
[Image: 2be65dcc0ac3c91efb3ea98960a7f863.png]
You are all wrong, the clown would win.
(11-21-2016, 09:33 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: You are all wrong, the clown would win.

It's hilarious how few people seem to get the point of the clown's character. You guys know how we know that he'd beat Macho Man or Shrek? Because being a grossly stupid, incompetent, COMPLETELY OBNOXIOUS funnyman is the ENTIRE. POINT. OF HIS JOB. There will never be a single enemy introduced to the clown who he won't be able to slip with a banana peel. You know why his fight with Beepsky, the bot with implied criminal-buster-level of power, lasted so long? It's not because the clown was challenged. It's because he sympathized with Beepsky, felt bad for him, and deliberately allowed the fight to drag on. And in the end, all the clown had to do to beat Beepsky was put a slight modicum of effort into one of his banana peels. His obnoxiousness is played completely straight in his role. He's a guy who's honking because he's too silly, and he knows it, and he knows he'll never be really upstaged at annoying antics ever again (except for pissing off the HoS and sailing out of the airlock, apparently). At the same time, another main point of his role is that he's surrounded by superpowered crew and antags of all stripes and colors, a lot of whom aren't even human, with all variety of powers and extremely centric and enthusiastic backstories... and he's nothing but a regular human, who's only power is being stupid. And yet he's so absurdly, unfathomably strong that literally everything and everyone around him is an ant in comparison. He's almost constantly being underestimated, and constantly shutting up his opponents with a single peel. The point? He can't be beaten. It's not plot armor that's protecting him. It's not reasonable skills or feats. His superpower is literally being garbage. Because that's how his role was made. We've yet to see even a bare glimpse of just what the clown would be capable of if he went all the fuck out on something or someone. Not because he doesn't want to, but because everything he slips keeps dying in one halfhearted honk. A crewmember in the station describes him as " a man in the body of a dope". For all we know, that might actually be the case. He might ACTUALLY be strong enough to slip Solarium. singular. That's how OP he is. And that's the whole point.
(11-21-2016, 08:46 PM)medsal15 Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 05:52 PM)Firebarrage Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 05:18 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 04:47 PM)Mageziya Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 04:34 PM)69andahalf Wrote:
me. i would win.
Macho Man's greatest feat was potentially surviving an assault from three snake bites at once, however, the bite's point of impact is never directly shown, and since direct hits from snakes regularly obliterate far tougher wrestlers, it's unreasonable to assume this was any different.

Macho Man could sprint up to seventeen miles an hour for an extended period of time, which is slightly faster than the average humans fifteen miles per hour, but Shrek's natural love and life gave him the edge. For example, avoiding that onion from thirty feet away, means he can react twenty five times faster than the vast majority of other ogres.

Which means Shrek could avoid almost anything Macho Man threw at him, even when he couldn't, his swamp ability not only helped him survive, but effectively ruined any of Macho Man's elements of surprise.
(11-21-2016, 05:19 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Does shrek even exist as a goonstation character?

Well shrek is in VOX so I guess? An admin or two used to use a shrek mob to terrorize the station for a while too. "Get out of my swamp!". I think I remember some kudzu in there. Was pretty entertaining, honestly, but I'm easily entertained.

On a side note, this thread is wonderful. Why it's got so many downvotes I have no clue.
(11-21-2016, 02:10 PM)Xenonia Wrote: [Image: 3d_shrek__high_quality__by_ntuni-d7dd1qu.png]
or
[Image: abc78-the_macho_man_randy_savage_randy.jpg?w=307&h=410]

Pepe the frog
Whoever wins, we lose
(11-21-2016, 10:46 PM)Superlagg Wrote:
(11-21-2016, 09:33 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: You are all wrong, the clown would win.

-stuff-

Wow

You are right though