Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Way to take power cells out of items
After the materials revamp, there is currently no way to take power cells out of Guns, batons, or other items that use them. This has the side effect of making it nigh-impossible to complete the antique laser as a non-traitor as the only ways I know of off the top of my head to get small power cells that aren't already in a weapon is from the merchant at the listening post or from surplus crates.
There is a simple fix to this: Have small power cell removal be the same as removing modules from PDA's, unscrew the panel then crowbar it out.
Oh and while we are on the topic: The materials revamp also removed craftable cells. Could we get those back at some point?
I would really like this so I can make the laser rifle without spending alll my tc's on a crate also #bringback craftablePC's
And it would allow people to replace the cells of their guns and batons for either a better cell or just a different charged one.

Anyways I support this
Why not just make cells same as mags like on other servers? I remember playing on one where unlike here, rechargeable weapons were more useful (especially long term), just because ya could carry a few spare cells, and replace them just like ya would a mag in a conventional weapon, combine that with a fact ya can recharge them even if they're out of the weapon... security then wont need to carry 2-3 pistols and stun batons each just to brig an experienced troublemaker...
It would be really neat if in the future you could not only say, take out the battery, but replace and tweak multiple components like replacing the wiring or lens of items.

You could, for instance, increase the power output on a stun baton so each use used up more power but did burn damage on touch.

I'd love to see crafting tables return for that kinda work, but until then tools would be nice
(11-20-2016, 08:39 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: It would be really neat if in the future you could not only say, take out the battery, but replace and tweak multiple components like replacing the wiring or lens of items.

You could, for instance, increase the power output on a stun baton so each use used up more power but did burn damage on touch.

I'd love to see crafting tables return for that kinda work, but until then tools would be nice
I love that idea just how like if you use high level shit when making the captain's laser gun it becomes better it would be cool if you could do that with everything where we just tear apart guns and batons and mix the parts and shit.
hobo gun made out of a shard of glass, a potato, and spaghetti

edit: make potatos really crappy emergency cells
Just give them 1 charge and the shot does 1 damage
one of the great things about ss13 is the player's capacity to build, break, and repair all sorts of shit, and it would be good to see this functionality more fully extended into gadgets such as the energy weapons that concern this thread, and indeed other items
(11-20-2016, 09:03 PM)HydroFloric Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 08:39 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: It would be really neat if in the future you could not only say, take out the battery, but replace and tweak multiple components like replacing the wiring or lens of items.

I love that idea just how like if you use high level shit when making the captain's laser gun it becomes better it would be cool if you could do that with everything where we just tear apart guns and batons and mix the parts and shit.

Cannibalize traitor items to make your own equipment better. Who needs a cylume saber when there's a perfectly good lense and battery stored inside it that could make your laser better and make your stun baton or laser last longer. Or make a really cool flashlight.
I'm Pretty Sure the Lens in a C-Saber is what makes it a C-Saber and Not a Laser Pointer, so I'm Pretty Sure Adding it to a Flashlight Would Give you a Disguised C-Saber.
(11-21-2016, 03:52 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: Adding it to a Flashlight Would Give you a Disguised C-Saber.
Even Better!
(11-21-2016, 03:52 PM)Crazyabe Wrote: I'm Pretty Sure the Lens in a C-Saber is what makes it a C-Saber and Not a Laser Pointer, so I'm Pretty Sure Adding it to a Flashlight Would Give you a Disguised C-Saber.

Or a flashlight disguised as a csaber!
On that note, can't you already remove batteries from heaters, why not just add a screwdriver interaction to most powered items so you can remove the batteries.
(11-21-2016, 12:04 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:
(11-20-2016, 09:03 PM)HydroFloric Wrote:

Cannibalize traitor items to make your own equipment better. Who needs a cylume saber when there's a perfectly good lense and battery stored inside it that could make your laser better and make your stun baton or laser last longer. Or make a really cool flashlight.

on the tgcode they make new items via reverse engineering in research, and one tactic was reverse engineering the traitor weapons to make more
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_Re...evelopment
(11-23-2016, 05:10 AM)pnutz Wrote: on the tgcode they make new items via reverse engineering in research, and one tactic was reverse engineering the traitor weapons to make more
https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_Re...evelopment

Thats what we have mechanics and the rkit for though