Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
bring back the on-station nuclear charge
(11-25-2016, 05:37 AM)Marquesas Wrote: I'd say put them in head offices, and introduce a mobile particle trap that is a deployable object, which - while deployed and turned on - emits a distinctive blue light, shows an easily noticable animation, and prevents the removal of objects from that tile. It would also be a teleport jammer effect for that tile, and it's also dense and anchored, so it could double as a blockade barrier. Unless emagged, it would not turn on while a mob is on the same tile and even when emagged, it would take several seconds to start up, so it's not an easy way to trap someone; but it cannot be shut off from the inside.

Switching the particle trap would require a card swipe from an ID card with bridge access (thus, a head card).

And then there would be six pieces of the nuke (including the body itself), each of which starts off in a head's office with the jammer activated.

There should be one in the AI core too.
(11-25-2016, 05:37 AM)Marquesas Wrote: I'd say put them in head offices, and introduce a mobile particle trap that is a deployable object, which - while deployed and turned on - emits a distinctive blue light, shows an easily noticable animation, and prevents the removal of objects from that tile. It would also be a teleport jammer effect for that tile, and it's also dense and anchored, so it could double as a blockade barrier. Unless emagged, it would not turn on while a mob is on the same tile and even when emagged, it would take several seconds to start up, so it's not an easy way to trap someone; but it cannot be shut off from the inside.

Switching the particle trap would require a card swipe from an ID card with bridge access (thus, a head card).

And then there would be six pieces of the nuke (including the body itself), each of which starts off in a head's office with the jammer activated.

That sounds pretty fucking awesome and like it would have a lot of potential for shenanigans. Scatter the pieces everywhere and make a lone hero go on the journey to retrieve them and blow up the station I MEAN destroy them for safety

I support this idea wholeheartedly.

EDIT: Also don't put it in Telesci please. Why? I dunno.
Agreed. Don't gate all the fun stuff behind linear algebra delineated for adventurous nerds. If they want to blow up the sun, by god they'll have to bring it there the hard way!

EDIT: In its disassembled form, nuke-capades could make for some really interesting traitor rounds on Destiny!
oh my god that would be an awesome thing to have on Destiny