Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
bring back the on-station nuclear charge
it was incredibly fun but also incredibly annoying to use at the same time. i have fond memories of being walked through step by step thru adminhelp on how to properly use it
I think we should leave the nuclear devices to the experts.

Though I do like the idea of a spiteful crew nuking the station before the nukeops get to.

Hm, though it could give the nukeops another objective to change it up, to use the station's nuke instead of theirs.
No.

It's possible for a staff assistant who knows what he's doing to set off the nuke by himself in less than 3 minutes of round start, and this happened pretty much every round back on cog 1 when we briefly had an on station nuke
(11-20-2016, 12:33 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: No.

It's possible for a staff assistant who knows what he's doing to set off the nuke by himself in less than 3 minutes of round start, and this happened pretty much every round back on cog 1 when we briefly had an on station nuke

That.

I suppose you could sell a nuke frame in the commander's spiffy team-uplink thing that people never use or might not even been a thing it'sbeenalongtimesincei'veplayed. Or just a scanner. BYOND stands for build your own nuclear disaster, I guess.

i think you're stretching the truth a bit far there 

i don't recall such things happening "pretty much every round back on cog1" and it took like 10 minutes to go off so you'd have ample time to defuse it
(11-20-2016, 01:44 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:

i think you're stretching the truth a bit far there 

i don't recall such things happening "pretty much every round back on cog1" and it took like 10 minutes to go off so you'd have ample time to defuse it

The nuke detonation process takes 60 seconds iirc.

edit: Just checked the leaked source. It's 60 seconds. Search github for nuclear_charge if you're interested
No more ways for turbonerds to mess up the station please.
(11-20-2016, 02:38 AM)The Worst Wrote: No more ways for turbonerds to mess up the station please.

then why not just make it so you can't just do whatever bullshit from a random computer terminal and have the nuke go off 

i'm not a fan of taking things away but just have it so if you did try from a computer it'd just take a very long time to work and have it also alert security & the captain about unauthorized access to the nuke
Quote:about unauthorized access to the nuke

This wouldn't make sense given the commonly used method.

I think you're grasping at straws, here. The idea just isn't tenable, and past implementations prove that. It's just too easy to fuck up the station with for no effort.

Sorry man, I miss the zeta nuke too, but I just don't think having that much power in the main station is a good idea.
just build canister bom
If I may offer a spin off of this, maybe have an adventure zone where setting up/off a nuke to alter the zone is one of the availible goals?

...obviously you'd also need to rely on TeleSci being competent enough to beam the adventurer(s) back up before the nuke properly goes off, otherwise Bad Things happen.
that does sound cute, nesmettaur
not a terrible idea if the method to authorize said nuke isn't as easy as doing it in 60 seconds from tech storage
Just asking when this was a thing, what was it used for?
(11-20-2016, 11:33 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: Just asking when this was a thing, what was it used for?

Boom.