Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
why is eveyone so sensitive
Part of the reason the Asperger's thread delved into 8 pages is because it's a very fuzzy borderline subject. That's why it keeps going in circles, which is what made it last so long. There isn't really a clear resolution, since the main argument is about the game being consistent with its rules, but at the same time, it doesn't bother a lot of people, and any jerks who try and use the game as justification for being a butt can just be banned.
(11-19-2016, 01:39 PM)zcamperz Wrote: now that i read this clusterfuck useless post i wrote, i want to reiterate some things. i am mad that people are mostly mad because the thing breaks the rules, and less cares about that it is a bad word.

now i dont really care wether or not people get made fun of, but it just makes no sense that everyone has to gang up on something and rule-lawyer the fuck out of it just because a few people said it was bad. like i have said before, goon could be ALOT worse, and we would all regret it if it didint have the semi-loose rules it has, which is basically to play nice

when i was writing the original post i didint mean to sound like i was a gay rights activist and i was mad because no one cared that calling gay people gay was bad, i was just amazed that we are so silly that we had to argue about the context of a word strictly because it broke the rules

Literally nothing wrong with sounding like (or being, for that matter) a gay rights activist.
Seriously. People deal with enough mistreatment in real life.
I don't. Occupational hazard for a masochist, I reckon. :saddowns:
I will admit, I would like to tell people to suck a dong without fear of being banned, but it's a small price to pay to not have edgelordes like hippie station has.
(11-19-2016, 07:11 PM)lambskin Wrote: I will admit, I would like to tell people to suck a dong without fear of being banned, but it's a small price to pay to not have edgelordes like hippie station has.
i might not of expressed it this way, but THIS is what ive been trying to say. we all need to be glad that we are not that bad, and realize it could be 10000 times worse
(11-19-2016, 07:47 PM)zcamperz Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 07:11 PM)lambskin Wrote: I will admit, I would like to tell people to suck a dong without fear of being banned, but it's a small price to pay to not have edgelordes like hippie station has.
i might not of expressed it this way, but THIS is what ive been trying to say. we all need to be glad that we are not that bad, and realize it could be 10000 times worse

In the sucking a dong case, I think that is because of the hard no on sexual content over the homophobia.
(11-19-2016, 09:35 PM)The_Rain Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 07:47 PM)zcamperz Wrote:

In the sucking a dong case, I think that is because of the hard no on sexual content over the homophobia.

I realise that, I'm not willing to touch anything sexual at all with a ten foot pool because that's the way she goes

but still, suck a dong etc
Have the admins/player base become more sensitive in the past couple months/years?
Reading that thread from 2014 really made it seems like they didn't want to expand their list of banned shit any further.
(11-19-2016, 10:07 PM)Scrumpys Wrote: Expand their list of banned shit any further.

None of these threads, going back to the 2014 threads, have been about banning shit
I remember a quote from moot on 4chan that would be relevant here
it went something like this "ironic shit posting is just shit posting"

to put it simply if you read the rules of the server don't go breaking them as a "joke"
(11-19-2016, 10:26 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 10:07 PM)Scrumpys Wrote: Expand their list of banned shit any further.

None of these threads, going back to the 2014 threads, have been about banning shit

Alright, "list of things that need to be taken out because they might offend someone."
on the assburgers topic: at this point i'm really not overwhelmed. if it would cause a person i liked to quit, whatever the verdict, i'd be displeased about it

but i still think the current descriptions are shitty because they force you to either be confused due to not knowing the term (that i've basically never seen outside this) or at least do some mental math "ass. . burger? asperger's? awkward? heh" whereas having an actually inherently funny description would be far better tonally for the game

it just does not feel fitting to have an oblique "aspergers makes u awkward" joke planted inside a pie & a burger made with a human posterior when everything else is presented far more succintly

also boy i fuckin hate hippie's crowd.
(11-20-2016, 10:47 AM)Scrumpys Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 10:26 PM)UrsulaMejor Wrote:

Alright, "list of things that need to be taken out because they might offend someone."

The threads also generally haven't been about whether or not they might offend someone, but instead about whether or not they're in accord with our community rules, and if it's okay to have things in the game that we are asking players not to do.

I think that's possibly the complaint levied by this thread? There seems to me to be a theme to his posts about thinking it bad that we're not discussing their potential offense, but rather their correspondence to the rules.
(11-19-2016, 01:42 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Part of the reason the Asperger's thread delved into 8 pages is because it's a very fuzzy borderline subject. That's why it keeps going in circles, which is what made it last so long. There isn't really a clear resolution, since the main argument is about the game being consistent with its rules, but at the same time, it doesn't bother a lot of people, and any jerks who try and use the game as justification for being a butt can just be banned.

I felt like it was pretty cut and dry, since the way I see it the rules against racism/sexual creepiness are meant to keep out unfunny tgstation memes.  Spegr jokes and beepsky saying "eat penises and shit out abortions" don't count.