Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
why is eveyone so sensitive
(11-22-2016, 10:10 AM)VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 01:42 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Part of the reason the Asperger's thread delved into 8 pages is because it's a very fuzzy borderline subject. That's why it keeps going in circles, which is what made it last so long. There isn't really a clear resolution, since the main argument is about the game being consistent with its rules, but at the same time, it doesn't bother a lot of people, and any jerks who try and use the game as justification for being a butt can just be banned.

I felt like it was pretty cut and dry, since the way I see it the rules against racism/sexual creepiness are meant to keep out unfunny tgstation memes.  Spegr jokes and beepsky saying "eat penises and shit out abortions" don't count.

100% the reason why I was for removing that stuff. To my mind, none of it was anything to do with sensitivity or people taking offence, but "does this contradict the rules or not". Whilst it was mild, where do you draw the line if sperg jokes are literally in the game?
(11-22-2016, 01:22 PM)ferriswheel1 Wrote:
(11-22-2016, 10:10 AM)VictorMAngoStein Wrote:
(11-19-2016, 01:42 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Part of the reason the Asperger's thread delved into 8 pages is because it's a very fuzzy borderline subject. That's why it keeps going in circles, which is what made it last so long. There isn't really a clear resolution, since the main argument is about the game being consistent with its rules, but at the same time, it doesn't bother a lot of people, and any jerks who try and use the game as justification for being a butt can just be banned.

I felt like it was pretty cut and dry, since the way I see it the rules against racism/sexual creepiness are meant to keep out unfunny tgstation memes.  Spegr jokes and beepsky saying "eat penises and shit out abortions" don't count.

100% the reason why I was for removing that stuff. To my mind, none of it was anything to do with sensitivity or people taking offence, but "does this contradict the rules or not". Whilst it was mild, where do you draw the line if sperg jokes are literally in the game?
Simple.  If tgstation runs it into the ground, it breaks the rules.  Otherwise it stays.