Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Remove "gay" from VOX vocab
the people of the internet get softer every day
(11-18-2016, 02:17 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: This is so fucking stupid that I am baffled by this and the other thread.

(11-18-2016, 03:26 PM)zcamperz Wrote: the people of the internet get softer every day

Fuck you guys, I already said I thought it was used in a derogatory way, which is against the rules.
and that's okay you were mistaken that was more towards the people who wanted it removed regardless.

(11-18-2016, 08:42 AM)Ultimate Shrek Fan Wrote: I misheard the vox and thought the announcement was calling something gay. I still feel this is inappropriate and having it in will only encourage it's use.

(11-18-2016, 08:46 AM)Ultimate Shrek Fan Wrote: There is absolutely no reason to have it in, as the only use is to call things gay.

(11-18-2016, 08:50 AM)Burrito Justice Wrote: I believe it's just a matter of time until someone decides to use it in really poor taste. It might be best to remove it now before it happens.

Oh wait that was just you and Burrito. So I guess that was towards you. Whoops sorry my bad. Also your two post were made after you were aware of being mistaken.
By continuously reinforcing patterns of negativity around the word 'gay' you in fact make it / redefine it for new generations as negative. I see it used at work by Kiwi's, IMO it should stay.