Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who were the best players from 2009, 2010, 2011 and so on?
my first proper ss13 experience was with someone called Old Man on vagstation. I don't remember many other people around this time, I was new.

The funnest players that I can remember were Scott Graves (bubs), and Rickie Basinger. There were a lot of other players I liked but Scott and Rickie were my main crew I rolled with, that and Zoey Jorikov (cheet).

Donald Keyes was the best clown I thought. He was funny and creative. Once he lubed the bridge hall on donut 2 and sat in bridge honking while watching people slip into crit. Good clown.

I liked Homer Judge the best as NT. He disappeared when NT was dissolved and Head of Security got his job back. Sailor Dave wasn't bad either, he's still around, but he just eternally idles on IRC.

The most robust player I came across was someone that came in on donut 2 briefly called Robert Robust, he was brutal. Red Archibald was also very robust, we would fight virtually pretty often, that was fun. There were more robust players that I can't remember. Scott Graves was pretty good, I Am A Crooke (wabash) was also pretty robust.

Beatbeat Goodbeat was the most memorable griefer to me I think. He managed to piss me off a few times murdering me.

I can't remember even some of the more memorable rounds or players now, I've played too much space man 13's.

These days the pubbies seem overly sensitive, they haven't had a good old fashion ass beatin' enough. I used to terrorize pubbies, that's the way things should be, but I don't do that anymore, even I've become passive! Things are too tame these days. The average spaceman has become soft!
whatever happened to Herb Garden
(11-07-2016, 08:20 AM)Xenonia Wrote: whatever happened to Herb Garden

Legend says he is still stuck in robotics, not cleaning the mess he caused.
(11-07-2016, 10:34 AM)GEC Wrote:
(11-07-2016, 08:20 AM)Xenonia Wrote: whatever happened to Herb Garden

Legend says he is still stuck in robotics, not cleaning the mess he caused.
Some say Lia Alliman continues to berate him for causing a massive mess
humble bee
(11-07-2016, 11:57 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: humble bee

Correct answer
Faffotron for worst robot

If you want the most robust players just ask for a list of every head of security. Those guys are usually the best and/or brightest.

My favorite Admin is probably Lord Doom cause Lord Doom clause is my favorite rule to ever have existed. Maybe 2nd to the Hilarity clause although I don't think I've ever seen it in action. I mean wonk and Cogwerks are cool too, and most of the goonmins are chill, but Doom was notorious for a reason.

Doom was an admin (or at least a griefer with the power to gib himself) and I'm only aware of the rule they made specifically for him.

Quote:Lord Doom Clause

The rules do not apply to Lord Doom. This works both ways.
He can do anything he wants to you, but on the other hand you can also do anything you want to him with no fear of consequences. This only applies to the person with the BYOND key Lord Doom and never anyone else. Especially not you. Don't try it."

In truth I think it involved him killing everyone until he left. According to other admins he had a masterful level of grief above even the worst players of goonstation. I was barely a goonstation player before he vanished so I barely remember the clause being in effect.

Digging through ancient forum posts and anything else I could find, I found one chatlog where he apperently confessed to smearing poop on a guy, who then tried to arrest him so he hamburgered the officer. Or a thread post somewhere about how he was assisting a changeling who was being openly lingy and then getting shot by a detective, who was then apparently spaced by other members of the crew for being mean to lord doom.

There's not a whole lot of Lord doom stories that are easy to find now, just bits and pieces.
Chips Ahoy was the best fucking clown I've ever seen.

I tossed him a traitor round when I saw he rolled clown, and gave him the objective 'steal shoes'. Shortly after the carnage began, BYOND blew up and I had to reinstall. When I rejoined 20 minutes later, most of the station had been plunged into darkness, most people were just straight up GONE (like i couldn't even find bodies????), and the population had been reduced to a few people hiding in lockers shrieking at each other on the radio and one clown towing a crate. i said 'holy shit' in OOC and Chips Ahoy honked his horn and opened the crate to reveal a stash of shoes so large that my client almost crashed with I rightclicked on it to see how many he'd gotten.
(11-08-2016, 07:57 AM)popecrunch Wrote: Chips Ahoy was the best fucking clown I've ever seen.

I tossed him a traitor round when I saw he rolled clown, and gave him the objective 'steal shoes'.  Shortly after the carnage began, BYOND blew up and I had to reinstall.  When I rejoined 20 minutes later, most of the station had been plunged into darkness, most people were just straight up GONE (like i couldn't even find bodies????), and the population had been reduced to a few people hiding in lockers shrieking at each other on the radio and one clown towing a crate.  i said 'holy shit' in OOC and Chips Ahoy honked his horn and opened the crate to reveal a stash of shoes so large that my client almost crashed with I rightclicked on it to see how many he'd gotten.

Holy shit, i hope you gave them a reward for that or something
(11-08-2016, 07:57 AM)popecrunch Wrote: [-amazing clown quest-]
g o d h a s c o m e t o r e a p t h e s i n n e r s
(11-08-2016, 07:57 AM)popecrunch Wrote: Chips Ahoy

Skip to 10:22 to see him crashing the server with a fully packed clown car. This is also my favorite PlumpHelmetPunk video and shows old goon perfectly.

My favourite player of all time was Big Tam Waugh, not for any particular in-game events, but because 100% of the time he spoke in a fully authentic Scottish accent. Practically spoke fluent Scots.